When will teugelsi be back in season?

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
my teug has a similar eating issue almost all of my cb have this issue. I can't wait until I can separate my fish by diet requirements so I can reduce what I feed and get their guts to a normal size

Reactions: clm08k and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
my teug has a similar eating issue almost all of my cb have this issue. I can't wait until I can separate my fish by diet requirements so I can reduce what I feed and get their guts to a normal size
I had a captive born delhezi with no problem and it had a nice form and shape. The cb teug was an issue as soon as it had access to the large amounts of food meant for the large lower jaws. It would likely have been fine with other upper jaws.

The other issue for me was the odd headshape that started to develop as the cb poly grew. it turned out very short and blunt looking, very different from a wc. And the thing just stopped growing at 13" (well except for girth). With the high volume of food it should have been growing in length but it just wasnt.

So next time around I would go wc teug for sure.

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Do they make diet fish pellets? might want to look into that HAHA:D:D
lol the real problem is I have to overfeed to keep peace since I have some smaller fish in there that would be dinner if I didn't. Ideally I'd like to split my tank into probably 2-3 tanks. Separating most of the plecos into their own tank (the 3 big ones have big guts) with maybe the elephant nose and crazy fish. All the polys, one of the knife fish and an eel or 2 in a tank. Then the remaining eel, knife fish and catfish in another tank.

Reactions: DMD123

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
To all who are wondering or would like to get some teugs, they are on the current stock list for the supplier of the fish at the LFS I've been working at part time. I am ordering a few in for next week anyone interested in shipping PM me I can get them if you can't find them anywhere.

T thefredpit Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis J jaws7777 clm08k clm08k DMD123 DMD123 Hao Hao Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 twentyleagues twentyleagues Alexkoj Alexkoj

Sorry if i missed anyone. I'm just surprised we are able to get them this early in the year.
Thx bro but im good. No more new fish. Just gonna concentrate on growing out some monsters

I think it was J jaws7777 who swore it was a Photoshopped picture, but sadly it was the fish with a major eating disorder.
Lmaooo i would have bet my right leg that those pics were fake lol

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
DRteugelsi DRteugelsi cheers mate but if I'm to get one, it has to be WC as my teug has some eating issues as well :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've got a cb and a wc del and the cb is chunky from overeating but has better patterns
I have the same with my senegals, CB eats more and is now thicker than the WC

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
DMD's teug is still legendary! It is hilarious and also kinda sad cause it just has an insatiable appetite. At least we got the before and after, success story pics.
.....and Man do I love seeing the teug pics resurface. :D

Would be cool to see how its doing now.

P.S. thanks for the tag and appreciate the offer. Right now i'm currently stocked up. Don't have the tank size for any of the big 3 right now. Hopefully in the future,

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store