White or Black Sand Please show me your tanks!!!!!

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
I use white PFS & black background - I like the contrast. Alot of fish will darken up too much if everything is black - although midas would look pretty sweet in a setup like that.

@beerad555 - I'm not sure what kind of lighting you're using, but one thing I like about the black background - if you're using LED lighting, you can see the beams of light from each LED bulb pass through the water. Looks like sunlight passing through tree branches. It was an unexpected thing when I saw it and I'm really digging the look.

beerad555

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Illinois
Thats cool, I guess now I will be getting new lighting also. I currently am using the old original fluoresent lights and I was thinking about getting LED w the blue option I also could use some advice on that too, Thanks
I use white PFS & black background - I like the contrast. Alot of fish will darken up too much if everything is black - although midas would look pretty sweet in a setup like that.

@beerad555 - I'm not sure what kind of lighting you're using, but one thing I like about the black background - if you're using LED lighting, you can see the beams of light from each LED bulb pass through the water. Looks like sunlight passing through tree branches. It was an unexpected thing when I saw it and I'm really digging the look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store