White poop after feeding freshwater prawn

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
I can afford only prawns or hikari sticks . Will it be good feeding prawns every day ?
Prawns wouldn't be a stable food, at best maybe a treat every now and again. Hikari should be fine as a main, if that's whats in you're mean of being able to feed the fish. If income was tight, i would've chosen a different fish myself. You are yourself and you know what you like and i can't and wouldn't take that from you. Earth worms, cricket and grasshoppers can be caught outside, no cost there. A arowana can eat most insects you can find outside. Also lizard and frogs!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Yeah for sure as do33ie says Arowana are not the cheapest fish to keep and it's only going to get more expensive as it grows and needs more food & bigger tanks.

If it's making a mess with the Food sticks try breaking them in half and just throwing in smaller portions at a time. Let them eat each portion then throw in a few more. With it's poo I would just be monitoring it; white, normal shape poo might just be reflective of eating white shrimp, or maybe even indigestion -- but if the white poo gets stringy it could likely indicate a parasitic infection and you would need to take treatment actions. But doesn't sound like that's your current situation.

I feed pellets side by side with either frozen shrimp or fish, so my Aros poo is always the same brown/reddish color. I would like to expand their diet with insects but I'm paranoid they will stop eating pellets and only want to eat the tastier superworms, crickets, etc. so haven't gone down that road yet.

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
Prawns wouldn't be a stable food, at best maybe a treat every now and again. Hikari should be fine as a main, if that's whats in you're mean of being able to feed the fish. If income was tight, i would've chosen a different fish myself. You are yourself and you know what you like and i can't and wouldn't take that from you. Earth worms, cricket and grasshoppers can be caught outside, no cost there. A arowana can eat most insects you can find outside. Also lizard and frogs!
Well..but tooo risky.

Swaroop gadekar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2019
Pune,India.
Goo
Yeah for sure as do33ie says Arowana are not the cheapest fish to keep and it's only going to get more expensive as it grows and needs more food & bigger tanks.

If it's making a mess with the Food sticks try breaking them in half and just throwing in smaller portions at a time. Let them eat each portion then throw in a few more. With it's poo I would just be monitoring it; white, normal shape poo might just be reflective of eating white shrimp, or maybe even indigestion -- but if the white poo gets stringy it could likely indicate a parasitic infection and you would need to take treatment actions. But doesn't sound like that's your current situation.

I feed pellets side by side with either frozen shrimp or fish, so my Aros poo is always the same brown/reddish color. I would like to expand their diet with insects but I'm paranoid they will stop eating pellets and only want to eat the tastier superworms, crickets, etc. so haven't gone down that road yet.
[/QUOTEGood ill try

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store