Nov 24, 2013
WA
again, just me. :)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I've caught walleye but never kept one....do they taste as glorious as I have heard?
Oh yeah, they may not fight like big lake trout and musky but man they and yellow perch are my favorite fish out there to eat. There's no taste to even compare them to that I can think of but it's fairly mild, white, flaky meat that goes great on a hoagie bun with some cheddar and tartar sauce :). I'd say the best eating size is 15-22" but we catch a lot in the 24-30" range and they taste great too!

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
I feed all my fish sunfish, chubs, and other various fish I catch over the summer. I have a big chest freezer full of bags of frozen fish that I chop or give whole to my fish

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
ya but frozen crickets still float lol, that's the issue. I have no issues with the live ones. The African bushfish know when I go in the cricket tank beside theirs, they wait lol. In my north American native tank I'm surprised the crickets hit the water between the crappie and bass.
What's an a African Bushfish?

Oh yeah, they may not fight like big lake trout and musky but man they and yellow perch are my favorite fish out there to eat. There's no taste to even compare them to that I can think of but it's fairly mild, white, flaky meat that goes great on a hoagie bun with some cheddar and tartar sauce :). I'd say the best eating size is 15-22" but we catch a lot in the 24-30" range and they taste great too!
Are you from the Great Lakes region?

I feed all my fish sunfish, chubs, and other various fish I catch over the summer. I have a big chest freezer full of bags of frozen fish that I chop or give whole to my fish

I don't have my River tank anymore - I got sick of the Green Sunfish always killing and eating everything, but yea....they're living garbage disposals. I see you're in Lancaster....I'm planning on taking a trip out there to That Fish Place soon hopefully, they have some fish I want. Their website shows a lack of stock, but it just happens to be exactly what I'm looking for. What section are you in?

Last edited:

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you from the Great Lakes region?
I like to think so. I live around Pittsburgh and still fish a good bit down here but we have a cottage and 22' fishing boat on Lake Erie in the PA waters and I spend probably 40-80 days each year fishing up there for everything (Lake Trout, Steelhead, Walleye, Drum, White Bass, Pike, Gar, etc, etc). If you ever need any fishing or fish keeping (I keep several Great Lakes species) advice for up there just let me know, always happy to help.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I like to think so. I live around Pittsburgh and still fish a good bit down here but we have a cottage and 22' fishing boat on Lake Erie in the PA waters and I spend probably 40-80 days each year fishing up there for everything (Lake Trout, Steelhead, Walleye, Drum, White Bass, Pike, Gar, etc, etc). If you ever need any fishing or fish keeping (I keep several Great Lakes species) advice for up there just let me know, always happy to help.
I think I'd just like to see some pix of your tanks for the moment....

Hasircoglu

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2014
Lancaster Pennsylvania
I don't have my River tank anymore - I got sick of the Green Sunfish always killing and eating everything, but yea....they're living garbage disposals. I see you're in Lancaster....I'm planning on taking a trip out there to That Fish Place soon hopefully, they have some fish I want. Their website shows a lack of stock, but it just happens to be exactly what I'm looking for. What section are you in?
I live in downtown Lancaster. About 10min from that fish place! They are starting to get more rare fish in stock like the old days

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store