Why polys are addicting??

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
For me it started with their prehistoric looks and behaviors as well.

At first I didn't expect much in the way of personality, however after keeping a few species I was pleasantly surprised to find them oddly endearing. After 30+ years of fish keeping they were a fascinating departure, however I was in a job that required frequent moves and therefore limited tank size. For about 6 years kept delhezi, senegals, ornatapinnis, and lapradei, but sadly had to sell them when I was transferred to a new province. Been out of the poly game since then.

Recently retired and browsing my LFS, spotted some bichirs, and the old poly addiction took over my brain. Next thing I knew I woke up at home in the fish room, floating a nice 4" teugelsi in the 180g oddball tank. My son was with me and swears I drove home, but to me it's clearly another case of Polypterus mind control :)

O
The Teugelsi probably put itself in the bag and drove you home. :)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Reactions: Polyaddict86

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thank you,Its easier to set up a tank for uj since they dont knock things over, did you see how many benny's in that tank?
yay! That's funny. Didn't know LJs were notorious for this. Is this the tank where you had 8? I see 6 in the one picture. Or was this when 8 turned into 80 lol.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
yay! That's funny. Didn't know LJs were notorious for this. Is this the tank where you had 8? I see 6 in the one picture. Or was this when 8 turned into 80 lol.
Lolz, i did had 8 ornate and 8 cb endli and 8 sen, this was before i got addicted to polys:rolleyes:

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
The Teugelsi probably put itself in the bag and drove you home. :)
That would explain why my truck was parked on the lawn! Hey, I trusted him. He has an honest face :)

Well, not only can he drive, he speaks English as well. He pleaded with me not to put him in the 180g " Doze other feesh are too beeg."

What can I say, he was right. He requested a few months to grow out in this planted 75g. You'll have to trust me that he's in there :)

IMG_1669.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store