Why?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I frequently post on subjects I have no experience in to stir ideas, conversation or to reiterate old knowledge. I don't think you need to keep fish to appreciate and speak about them, how you present that does matter. I don't think we should have to have ryansmith reply to every cichlid thread, or RD to every nutrition thread if it's already been talked to death. Fishkeepers don't need to keep every fish to have some introspection on it, but the query can set a prerequisite.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
My point is that even those who have never personally owned a fish, can sometimes offer some very sound advice. I have experience with numerous species that I have never personally owned, but I also only offer any advice on those fish if/when I feel that I can. Not just for funsies, or to gain a higher post count, or likey likes.

People that talk out of their arse are soon called out.
Neil lets be honest some members have more street cred than others, a deeper understanding of the nuances that come with the hobby and have just flat out been in it for many more yrs than others. I dont think the op's or my issue with the "hit google and reply" nation are directed at you senior members.

There are really smart members, members that deeply want to SOUND smart and members that want to constantly GET smart (in the hobby)

I'm in the last group and have no issues saying it

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Neil lets be honest some members have more street cred than others, a deeper understanding of the nuances that come with the hobby and have just flat out been in it for many more yrs than others. I dont think the op's or my issue with the "hit google and reply" nation are directed at you senior members.

There are really smart members, members that deeply want to SOUND smart and members that want to constantly GET smart (in the hobby)

I'm in the last group and have no issues saying it
Third group is many of us I think. I certainly believe I'm there, feel free to argue otherwise

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
The day you stop learning is the day you cease to be an expert

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; That appears to be the actual case, however I like the idea Hendre is behind all this for some reason. If not Hendre, then who.
Dunno too much covert ops for me

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
People are free to argue that I belong to the "sound smart" group and not the third group that I presume I belong to

Hello; That appears to be the actual case, however I like the idea Hendre is behind all this for some reason. If not Hendre, then who.
Interesting lol. I still haven't seen the "Bash Hendre" thread

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
People are free to argue that I belong to the "sound smart" group and not the third group that I presume I belong to

Interesting lol. I still haven't seen the "Bash Hendre" thread
Why would anyone devote time to argue if your smart or not. Do you WANT the thread to be about you.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Fair enough, Frank. But why not just call it what it is, and direct that angst towards those who are acting in this manner? (google and hit reply) The worst that happens is someone gets hurt feelings, the best case scenario is they learn to earn their place in some of these discussions. If not on the public forum, then perhaps a gentle nudge via PM.

Then there's no mistaking if one is referring to Hendre, or not? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store