Will Halloween be Canceled?

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Our ancestors even 100 years ago lived in a world that was a toxic stew of deadly diseases, they would be laughing at us today. Life for its own sake is no life at all.
In medieval times, people wisely distanced to avoid the spread of the plague...

Reactions: deeda

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
As a good faith effort To support Halloween, I bought a pumpkin today and a big bag of candy.

We will probably have to eat the candy and give it away to the grandkids.

But it’s difficult to say at this point because Clovis is not suffering death and disease beyond the norm.

When my mom was in the convalescent home and the senior care home for several years, holidays were a very big thing. Even celebrating Halloween was something to do, that everyone remembered Loving to do.

When 80 and 90-year-old people start making masks and teasing each other, it’s a wonderful thing to see.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
In medieval times, people wisely distanced to avoid the spread of the plague...
Some people seem to think that this is like the black plague. My wife refused to ride to Sturgis this year. I figured the crowd would be very small so it would be the perfect year to go but that was not so.

I wonder if more people died on motorcycles or from the virus? Every year we see several guys go down hard, get smacked by SUVs etc.

I was planning to ride to Mount Rushmore this year and tour the grand Tetons since I have not seen those since childhood.

I finally got all my aquariums stabilized such that I could walk away for a week or two and not have to worry.

But that plan all disappeared back about April. We haven’t even been riding & I basically just drag my bike out of the shed to polish it.
66A2BAF3-F2F5-40AC-BB36-14282578257D.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My little lad found his old Halloween mask from last year. He put it on and came creeping downstairs whilst I was making breakfast. I ended up wearing most of my cornflakes, scared the bejesus out of me. Lol.

20201020_080008.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: deeda and Jexnell

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
We figure that any kid who can get out of the house without parents attached will be out in a mask looking for free candy without regard to health and welfare.

So I'm going to be prepared.

I will be even more prepared for those prepared to abuse the situation.

Of course I'll be entirely prepared for any left over candy. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
We figure that any kid who can get out of the house without parents attached will be out in a mask looking for free candy without regard to health and welfare.

So I'm going to be prepared.

I will be even more prepared for those prepared to abuse the situation.

Of course I'll be entirely prepared for any left over candy. ;)
I like the way you think Ulu. I've got a terrible sweet tooth and i've already told my wife to stock up on goodies just in case we get an onslaught of kids, lol, knowing full well it's hardly likely to come to fruition this year.

Hmmmmmm, chocolate. Lol.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Happy Halloween Morning.

I don't know exactly what to expect tonight. I think we will see our neighbor's kids, but maybe only one or two more.
Anyhow, it'll be a lovely warm Halloween, as the temps are still in the lo 50's at night.
I'm going to put up a scarecrow and carve a pumpkin and prepare myself for the mystery of a covid-scare holiday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store