Will I eventually need to upgrade?

traywilly0611

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2019
it's dollar per gallon until 29g, then 50% off after that, so 75g is 80$. I work at Petco, and this is a nation-wide sale.

Personally feel that a 40b would be fine for a female but cramped for a male JD. Have seen some large bulky males before.
I’m pretty sure I have a female, my brother is giving me his 40G breeder. I just have to clean it out and buy the filtration and a lid.

I had just bought a 75 gallon tank from someone for $180 because my petco never has 75 gallons in stock. Literally NEVER but when I went to buy my JD they had some and it kinda made me mad. I have been searching for a 75 gallon tank for like a year and when I finally buy one they have it on the dollar per gallon sale but I may pick up another one just for an Oscar. I’ve always wanted one.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I’m pretty sure I have a female, my brother is giving me his 40G breeder. I just have to clean it out and buy the filtration and a lid.

I had just bought a 75 gallon tank from someone for $180 because my petco never has 75 gallons in stock. Literally NEVER but when I went to buy my JD they had some and it kinda made me mad. I have been searching for a 75 gallon tank for like a year and when I finally buy one they have it on the dollar per gallon sale but I may pick up another one just for an Oscar. I’ve always wanted one.
You’ll want to go bigger for an Oscar. Think 125 minimum. A 75 will only work as a short term grow out. Just something to keep in mind if an Oscar is on your future list. Those puppies get big:)

Reactions: traywilly0611

traywilly0611

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2019
You’ll want to go bigger for an Oscar. Think 125 minimum. A 75 will only work as a short term grow out. Just something to keep in mind if an Oscar is on your future list. Those puppies get big:)
Or maybe a true 75 gallon community planted tank I wouldn’t know where to start but I’ll ask for stocking once I get there.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Or maybe a true 75 gallon community planted tank I wouldn’t know where to start but I’ll ask for stocking once I get there.
appropriate stocking is an opinionated subject, will get different answers from diff people. I would agree that a 75 is on the small side for an Oscar, personally I would call it the "minimum". Larger would be better.

And just a heads up if they don't have the tank in stock, Petco will order it for you at the sale price. We do that for people regularly during the 1$/gallon sales for 55 and 75s.

Reactions: traywilly0611
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store