Will this tank work

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Absolutely. They have done loads of good stuff. Have you heard a track called Walter? I only heard this one recently and love it.
No I haven't heard that one, I really just know the main hits. They seem pretty underrated really but I guess with a lot of the other music coming out in the 60s they had a lot of competition.
Will listen to Walter when I'm on my next country run for work, always enjoy the long drives through the bush with the music blasting.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
No I haven't heard that one, I really just know the main hits. They seem pretty underrated really but I guess with a lot of the other music coming out in the 60s they had a lot of competition.
Will listen to Walter when I'm on my next country run for work, always enjoy the long drives through the bush with the music blasting.
You sound like a man after my own heart. I love a long car journey blasting out the tunes.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I listened to them for a bit last night. I do remember Lola too. Funny song. "Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy, but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine." :ROFL:
A lot of English bands have great lyrics I find. They can make great songs about everyday life somehow.
For something more modern and in a different style but with the same sort of lyrics and vibe you should listen to Pulp or The Streets too.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
A lot of English bands have great lyrics I find. They can make great songs about everyday life somehow.
For something more modern and in a different style but with the same sort of lyrics and vibe you should listen to Pulp or The Streets too.
Pulp are great. Try the smiths if you want good lyrics.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Pulp are great. Try the smiths if you want good lyrics.
Man, my old housemate was obsessed with them. She had the whole collection on vinyl, surprised she hadn't worn them all out. I always liked them but she was on another level, I could always tell how her love life was going by what smiths song was on high rotation!
I was watching some of the Glastonbury festival a few weeks back and saw johnny Marr and the killers doing this charming man which I thought was pretty cool.
Like you said a few posts back, I don't find much modern music I like these days. Australian radio doesn't help, you would think we were in America from what they play all day.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Man, my old housemate was obsessed with them. She had the whole collection on vinyl, surprised she hadn't worn them all out. I always liked them but she was on another level, I could always tell how her love life was going by what smiths song was on high rotation!
I was watching some of the Glastonbury festival a few weeks back and saw johnny Marr and the killers doing this charming man which I thought was pretty cool.
Like you said a few posts back, I don't find much modern music I like these days. Australian radio doesn't help, you would think we were in America from what they play all day.
British radio is crap too has been since the end of the 90s for me. I do like some American bands. I love the pixies and the dandy warhols.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Stan, you inspired me to post a selfie as well. :ROFL:

My favorite newer band is Of Monsters and Men, from Iceland. If we consider "newer" going back to ~2000, my favorite band is by far The White Stripes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store