Worlds oldest eel dies!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
a eel who is at least 155 years old dies in Sweden.

In the 1880,s a boy threw an eel in a well,
(Common practice at the time, eels kept the well clean of dead insects)

The eel (named Ale) spent all those years there, until recently when Ale was found dead :rip

Ale is survived by a upstart eel of about 110 years of age.

He outlived.... well pretty much everyone.

Ale was a European eel

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Bowhead whales can live 200yrs or more. Seems like in the water is the place to be for longevity lol. Poor Ale. RIP old man

Reactions: tlindsey

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Didn't know a whale of any species could live that long.
Humans are analyzing the gene sequence of a variety of “super fish”. Some species of sharks have been looked at for their inability to age same as whales (Greenland sharks ~400 years old). Only a matter of time before we can live “forever”. Similar experiments with lobsters. They are “immortal” creatures, believed to produce an anti aging chemical.

Maximum sizes and ages can be accomplished in the oceans due to the high density of water versus air.

What I said is just off memory. Will get better info in a bit on the subject.

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Humans are analyzing the gene sequence of a variety of “super fish”. Some species of sharks have been looked at for their inability to age same as whales (Greenland sharks ~400 years old). Only a matter of time before we can live “forever”. Similar experiments with lobsters. They are “immortal” creatures, believed to produce an anti aging chemical.

Maximum sizes and ages can be accomplished in the oceans due to the high density of water versus air.

What I said is just off memory. Will get better info in a bit on the subject.
I'm not interested in living forever. The sweet release of death is the only way I'm gonna get outta paying taxes.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store