Would you SELL a dying fish to an unknowing buyer?

Jason

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2005
I personally run into problems like this more with reptiles than i do fish. But i dont order many fish online. I've only have three shipments to myself. One from Neo to get my cherished AUL, one from George at sharkaquarium with a Tgar and one from Wes with my puffers and albino notopterus knives. I'd not hesitate to order again from any of them. But there are other people that i've spoken with that make me think twice and more about some other dealers. Not so much for bad fish but for rotten personalities and pissy tempers. I am not going to give my money to someone who may rip my ass off if i call with a question or have the nerve to be critical of how part of the operation is handled. I"ll wait and pay more from a personable person. That and i'd be afraid that if i did piss em off they would stoop to sending crappy ill or dead fish.

Back on topic however, i would never do that to anyone. I have in a retail setting given fish that were off color to people who i knew understood what it was and what was up so they could take the fish home and treat it. No sense letting it suffer in a tank at the store where i'm full up on hospital tank space when it can go home and may live there.

I really dont like to buy sight unseen simply because i'm afraid i'll get a fish one day from a dealer who says "hell its still breathing..." or from a person on the end of their shift saying "close enough it'll work, they wont know the difference".

It sucks that some people would send out animals on deaths door to soemone for money knowingly. I know accidents happen but to knowingly do it is inexcuseable.

I keep a pretty good mental list of good dealers and not good dealers from reading other people experiences. Also of people who have been rude to others on boards in public forms and those who from friends i hear are just plai buttholes. There are a few i'm very interested in ordering from when i have the cash and the tank set up i want and i hope it goes well when it happens because i cant find the fish anywhere else :D.

Sorry for the rambling post, i didnt sleep well last night and get spacey typing at times.

jason

AQUATiC213ZOMBiE

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
On The WestCoast
i've never sold any fish to anyone.
:grinyes:
just bought, trade, and or given away.

BUT HONESTLY.

if i were to sell a fish to someone i hate.
sure~ scum em'

but if it were someone on our PRESTiGOUS MFk~
HELL NO. :thumbsup:
and also someone i dont knoe~
i wont do em dirty.

just for the fact being that... :ROFL:
i hate the dude. then it makes sense to get em back, no?

and everyone on MFk~
simply OWNS. :headbang2

WE DONT DO OUR PPL WRONG.
but to a dip $h!t jaCc'a$s~
MUHAHAHAA. :grinyes: GET EM!

and thats just the truth.
no sugar coating. :clap
and no cherry on top.

]|v|[ llF llk
WE OWN, :headbang2
________YOU SUCc.

AquariumChicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2006
Indiana
I would never be able to do that to someone. Mainly because of the fish. If the fish is sick, think it should be quarintined and given a chance before you sell it to some unknowing person and sentince it to sure death. If I were to sell a sick fish, I would only sell it to a reputible buyer, who has the time, knowledge, and facilites to treat it properly.

Kuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
Benton,Ky
:grinyes:
Howdy,

I doubt you will get a lot of "yes, I sure would" answers here. MFK and its members have pretty high ethical standards. :thumbsup:

HarleyK
:clap :clap

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
No, I couldn't ever do that. I cant even sell fish for what they are worth, I always give people deals.

Lil_Stinker

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 30, 2006
State of Emergency
In a word .... NO ....

I am way to honest, caring & giving to do anything like that. I would rather nurse it to health & know that it is safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store