Would you SELL a dying fish to an unknowing buyer?

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Not a great thing to happen to any fish lover. What I would like to suggest is that you announce to the fish world the name of this unscrupelous seller. Lets give these people a black mark against their name. If no one buys from them then at least the fish can die on them.
I breed with Malawi mbuna and if I see any fry that look sickly I either remove them or treat them till they are better. I would rather be known as being a reputable breeder than a ruthless one.
Post the name on all the fish sites you can. Teach them a thing or two.
:naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

TheRayMaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dude I would never do that. Selling a dying fish to someone (without them knowing) is pretty messed up. Sometimes I buy fish I know are not doing so hot from my LFS. The owner gives me a mad discount just so I can help try and get the fish back on its feet. He cares about what comes in and goes out of his store too but not at the expense of the customer.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i deffinatly would not sell sick or dying having bought fish like that from aholes i wouldnt do it

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
Karma is a B***h...Hopefully someday they will get theirs. until then, good luck with your fish!

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
I would never sell a fish to someone that I knew was sick. Also, when shipping a fish I make sure to pack it well.

I bought a fish from a seller with 100% feedback on Aquabid, did a side deal. He shipped it with NO insulation, only a double bag that was wrapped in newspaper. He killed that fish. It boiled. Will not respond to emails, won't give my money back, can't even leave feedback because it was a side deal. It was a gorgeous Peruvian flounder, over four inches:cry: Man, did that box reek! I've got pictures if anyone wants to see how that fish arrived!

Sellers who sell sick fish or pack so poorly that the fish will surely die are terrible! I've only had a couple bad experiences buying over the net, and this was one of the worse!

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I have sold sick fish before...

Only because the buyer insisted though. If he had of encounted any problems he would have taken all responsibility.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
what kind of question is that?!
like someone here will answer yes? and not get flamed...
hallerrrr? :screwy:
Sa sarry...dident meen to insult your intelligence. :lol2:

You never had a thought in your mind that you see a sick fish, and you spent alot of money on it, and you know it is wanted by alot of people, and could easily get your money back and maybe more. I bought these fish that would easily sell to everyone that PM'd me about them, and they would pay the money I would've asked for and make more, but these fish were sick, and looks like they would die. But the pictures I have of the fish did not show they were sickly but they looked healthy, but as I look at the fish, their chances of living are 50-50. So would you sell that fish to get your money back? or do the morally correct way which is not to sell it. What would you do? Let's say the example are Asian Aros, say, 20 pieces of 4-6 inch fish. Say I paid $650 each. I could easily sell them for $1200 each, get even and still make money. But what would you do?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store