XP6?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I haven't put too much thought into this because I figured someone has already tried it. I dont think it can work, but it's worth asking.

I have 2 XP3 filters. Can I feed the return of one to the intake of the other? I imagine the flow rate difference would screw it up but I don't know. Just a thought......
( I'm trying to keep the amount of hoses and clutter to a minimum)

ammerman19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
actually I would think it would work alright. The difference in pump speeds should end up equal with each other. If your slow pump is last the higher flow from the other should speed the impeller of it. If the other way around it would probably be a little worse since the fast one would try to work harder to pull water from the slower pump. I gotta be honest though I really am not to familiar with magnetic drive pumps though.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Or you could hang an AC500 on the back of another AC500, and have an AC1000! Then hang another one on the back of that, and another, eventually you'll have an AC 5000. That would kick ass! Just put your tank 6 feet from the wall. LOL

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
ewurm;646270; said:
Or you could hang an AC500 on the back of another AC500, and have an AC1000! Then hang another one on the back of that, and another, eventually you'll have an AC 5000. That would kick ass! Just put your tank 6 feet from the wall. LOL

hahahahhahahhahahah!!!!!:ROFL: :ROFL: :D

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I also told Rally that he could use 100 whisper 5-15 filters, that would equal a Whisper 1500, which still sucks more than an AC20.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
ewurm;646270; said:

500+500+500=5000:screwy:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: Hahaha Ewurm you crack me up

Levi, why do you want to do that? Once it goes through the first it will catch all the debris. Is the first one for mech and the second for biological?

I think you could get away with one with 2 different sizes of prefilter media, lots of matrix/efhisubstrat and an AC for most of the junk removal.

...I had more to write but I forgot, maybe I will remember later.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I might just stuff them both full of pot scrubbers. Screw mechanical filtration lol..

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
I thought pot scrubbers were crap in canisters, that they were only good in wet/drys. If that is the case, Matrix rock is 13 bucks a litre and will help you out and its cheap :)

What tank is this for?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
RadleyMiller;646309; said:
I thought pot scrubbers were crap in canisters, that they were only good in wet/drys. If that is the case, Matrix rock is 13 bucks a litre and will help you out and its cheap :)

What tank is this for?
I have no clue what tank it's for actually lol....... I'm just in the mood to experiment.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
rallysman;646312; said:
I have no clue what tank it's for actually lol....... I'm just in the mood to experiment.

Haha well in that case you don't even need to run the first one all of the time. Once everything is running, the second motor will pull everything through it becuase it will have lots and lots o' suction from the pump and water always flows down.

Down from the tank, through the first filter, out the out, into the second filter - all without power. Granted, the pump will not pump as fast but if it is for biofiltration, than you do not need it. BB like a slower water rate.

Put one of Phil's prefilter's on the intake end and you really won't have to mess with it either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store