XP6?

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
eh1421;646357; said:
what i would do is setup your tank with overflows and a wet dry then use your canisters to return the water back to the tank

that would be a pretty cool setup

mike

You need gravity to feed the canisters and then the pump pumps the water back into the tank.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
RadleyMiller;646375; said:
You need gravity to feed the canisters and then the pump pumps the water back into the tank.
I could build an elevated sump.......hummmmmmmmmmmm

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
rallysman;646384; said:
I could build an elevated sump.......hummmmmmmmmmmm
Haha I think we are building a Rube Goldburg filter.

I suggest getting a motor and a water wheel to return water to the tank. What do you think Levi?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
RadleyMiller;646387; said:
Haha I think we are building a Rube Goldburg filter.

I suggest getting a motor and a water wheel to return water to the tank. What do you think Levi?
That would be bad ass.
Maybe I can just go for the craziest setup.....I'll run the returns through a fluidized bed filter!

*We're getting to the point where I'll be wasting 90% of the available bio media lol...

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
rallysman;646394; said:
That would be bad ass.
Maybe I can just go for the craziest setup.....I'll run the returns through a fluidized bed filter!

*We're getting to the point where I'll be wasting 90% of the available bio media lol...

Funny you mentioned that, I love watching fluidized bed filters run, its so cool!

It is amazing how much it expandes when it is getting pumped through. I never realized it until I had to shut down the 1800 gal system at work to clean the 6 UV bulbs

AtomixIGN

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Pohatcong, NJ
rottbo;646481; said:
why not just take the impellers out and pump them with your other pump and treat them as inline filters

Damn it that's what I was going to suggest. I'd be a little afraid of creating too much pressure in the system though. Maybe blowing the seals.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
That's a good idea. I could have fun with that!

terrypowerz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2006
Westfield, IN
I would vote for either running them independently ~or~ if you want to keep them in series take the impeller out of the first one and leave it unplugged from the AC... just use it as a media holder.
I have a feeling they aren't going to perform correctly with both running while in series...

Just my thoughts...for what that is worth! LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store