Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga flameback" or Xystichromis phytophagus

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
tydus;2103212; said:
I prefer online, because alot of lfs, you can't trust at all. That's why I buy from reputable sellers online. :) Do you know where your lfs ordered the kyoga flamebacks from?
Like I said I may try online sometime. I do have to say the one LFS I go to is actually pretty nice. I don't know a name or anything all I know is they said they got them from a supplier in Florida. That would be funny though if your fish came from the same place.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
That would be funny if our fish came from the same place. As soon as I get them, I'll ask the seller if he sells fish to your lfs. What's your lfs called and where is it located again?

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
It is Fish Palace in Aurora, CO. Yeah, and I don't know if it is the same person if he is a regular supplier or if it was just a one time thing. Like I said earlier they said they specal ordered these fish for someone... I'm curious to find out. That would just be crazy!!!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Tydus... That is a nice looking male there. are getting him, or offspring from him?

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Any word on when you'll get them?

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
tydus;2107451; said:
Yeah, the seller just replied, I'll be getting them around next week. A long wait..... :(

Yeah, seems like forever...but it still rocks that you will be getting them!!!:headbang2Can't wait to see how they look. My boy I think is definitely wanting to spawn. At times his color is awesome and I am sure since he is still little he's not even up to full potential. even my girls are being more aggressive...Do they get that way when they want to spawn also? Just trying to figure out if that is what is going on here.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Bre;2107474; said:
Yeah, seems like forever...but it still rocks that you will be getting them!!!:headbang2Can't wait to see how they look. My boy I think is definitely wanting to spawn. At times his color is awesome and I am sure since he is still little he's not even up to full potential. even my girls are being more aggressive...Do they get that way when they want to spawn also? Just trying to figure out if that is what is going on here.
Yep, he should be spawning. When they get older, their red gets crazy!!! If the females are being aggressive towards eachother, that's just normal behavior, so don't worry. I might get a juvenile trio, two males and one female at 1.5 inches for $24.00 related to the male pictured, because I just found out that a 3 inch male is $24, which I would rather get a trio then a single male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store