You never forget your first....

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’m not exactly sure how it will be under sunlight I just got it a few days ago. I’m probably leaning away from tanning at the moment but sometimes things change.

those pics don’t look like they are very concerned about customer service. A little heavy on the clove oil maybe?

717168BD-5D72-430D-AFEF-ED8B83653764.jpeg

I’m super stoked that it has already started eating mealworms and then ate some shrimps right out of my hand. My life is complete now. Lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Absolutely awesome! Looking forward to the progress on this one :D

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I’m not exactly sure how it will be under sunlight I just got it a few days ago. I’m probably leaning away from tanning at the moment but sometimes things change.

those pics don’t look like they are very concerned about customer service. A little heavy on the clove oil maybe?

View attachment 1398211

I’m super stoked that it has already started eating mealworms and then ate some shrimps right out of my hand. My life is complete now. Lol
Haha no comments on the customer service but at $300 for 1.... but the price is not bad for such a fish

This pic of yours much nicer.... can see the blue base.... enjoy your fish..... love to see how it turns out

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Haha no comments on the customer service but at $300 for 1.... but the price is not bad for such a fish

This pic of yours much nicer.... can see the blue base.... enjoy your fish..... love to see how it turns out
Lol that’s a great price. But mine came with a cert ?

thank you all for the nice words.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Of course all Asian Arowanas look better under direct sunlight, in fact those $300 BB's are quite average looking.

With the first set of Matt's pix it's clearly the lighting and/or camera set up that is making the fish appear more gold, just like in the last pic the pear the lighting/angle make it look more bluish. I personally have found BBXB's rather hard to photograph -- the blues/purples seem to come out best in subdued lighting (unless one is 'cheating' with a blue colored light), but that lack of light doesn't make for great pix with most of our camera set-ups.

Insofar as tanning BBXB's, as you've seen me state in other threads, really no good reason at all to tan a BBXB, if anything tanning would (only temporarily) bring out the golds stronger, not the blues imo.

Btw, how many inches is he/she Matt, about 9-10"?

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Of course all Asian Arowanas look better under direct sunlight, in fact those $300 BB's are quite average looking.

With the first set of Matt's pix it's clearly the lighting and/or camera set up that is making the fish appear more gold, just like in the last pic the pear the lighting/angle make it look more bluish. I personally have found BBXB's rather hard to photograph -- the blues/purples seem to come out best in subdued lighting (unless one is 'cheating' with a blue colored light), but that lack of light doesn't make for great pix with most of our camera set-ups.

Insofar as tanning BBXB's, as you've seen me state in other threads, really no good reason at all to tan a BBXB, if anything tanning would (only temporarily) bring out the golds stronger, not the blues imo.

Btw, how many inches is he/she Matt, about 9-10"?
Yes I absolutely understand what you are talking about with the lighting. It’s so crazy trying to photograph this moving spectacular beast. If it looks good in real life doesn’t mean the picture will look good.

yes 9-10”

48B872DA-D329-4616-A2C0-B767F0E182E5.jpeg

What I like to call super blue ?
D4BB3EDC-F299-47C6-A81E-157C0F49E705.jpeg

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I have wanted to add another filter onto this tank for a while now and was trying to make sure I could maximize some of the materials that I had laying around. I also had some friends help out with the process- thank you Nilsafeller Nilsafeller for the planter. All said and done this entire set up cost me $15 out of pocket. 10 for the plants and 5 for the reducers coming out of the bulkheads.

I was advised to use uni seal rather than bulkheads, but I got the bh for free so that’s what I went with. Oops. Next time I will (maybe) listen. After getting it set up last night I came back to check on it and one of the bulk heads was leaking a bit so I will have to take it all apart and tighten it more, possibly even caulk the seam.

I ended up using my sera uvc 1200 as the pump into the box because it had a spray bar that just happen to fit perfectly into the planter. It isn’t as perfectly efficient or symmetrical as I would like. But it was dirt cheap and hoping it will add that much more to my bio load.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Great pix and thanks for sharing Matt! In fact I tried similar with a plastic planter just like that on my flowerhorn tank but being mechanically inept couldn't really get the input/output balanced and it was liable to overflow so gave up on it.

Was just about to ask where input was coming from but then just saw your post above. Is there any danger of it overflowing if say power goes out, or if a drain gets blocked by a leaf or something?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store