You will be missed

pulchra

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2010
Holland
Maybe get from supermarket?
I did but most of the shops dont sell frozen shrimp without any addons. Yesterday i found frozen shrimp and mussel at a whole seller. I can borrow my bosses card for the whole seller. Im going to buy my food from there now. I just need time to get that feeling back. I mean nearly 2 months ago i got my new aquarium for them. 200×100×100 cm with 180x50x50cm sump. I paid a lot for the tank lika a lot. But now he is gone..... picture with send is how its now.

20190509_210831.jpg

20190506_185136.jpg

Reactions: Matteus

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Don't let it get you down... things happen for a reason.... grow stronger with it

Very nice tank... continue having water in it to keep the seals wet

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
It sounds like some sort of shellfish poisoning. Given what you said I am more inclined to believe the mussels had a toxin in them.
Which doesn't bode well for the market that sold them.
I would think that store bought shrimp should be safe. Not sure I would feed mussels.
Mussels are filter feeders and can accumulate toxins. BTW, not to change the subject but what kind of tank is that?

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I had fed my Rays mussels for a period of time so I am now concerned if I should do it

I alternate between different frozen seafood, mainly prawns, squid, yellowtail scad, pangasius, mussels, oysters and white bait fish

Reactions: Matteus

pulchra

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2010
Holland
Don't let it get you down... things happen for a reason.... grow stronger with it

Very nice tank... continue having water in it to keep the seals wet
Thanks for the support. Tank is still filled. I got my female pearl and boesemani male left.

pulchra

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2010
Holland
Nice tank and congrats on the new albinos. More pictures please.
I will post pictures as soon as i got the new ones. For now my focus is the juvenile arapaimas which just came in yesterday. And im not sure if i should keep the albino pups with my pearl female and boesemani.

pulchra

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2010
Holland
It sounds like some sort of shellfish poisoning. Given what you said I am more inclined to believe the mussels had a toxin in them.
Which doesn't bode well for the market that sold them.
I would think that store bought shrimp should be safe. Not sure I would feed mussels.
Mussels are filter feeders and can accumulate toxins. BTW, not to change the subject but what kind of tank is that?
This tank is build for me. Its 200×100×100cm with a sump of 180×50×50cm only the front is open. Rest of the sides has black glass glued on it.
Also the stand is done with black glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store