Your biggest mistake

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
What is the biggest fish-keeping related mistake you have ever made? I haven't been in the hobby long enough to do too many things, although I think the biggest mistake I have made is leaving the heater off in my tank for over a day, after it was turned off for a water change. The temperature was just about 68 when I finally noticed :WHOA:
The GT was fine though. :)

So, what is the stupidest thing you've done?

Savior19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Austin Tx
believed petsmart aabout a fish they sold me .they said its was a fullmarine fish when it was a freshwater

tyl089

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
San Jose,
when i was about 15yrs old, forgot to turn down my heater, and literally boiled one of my tanks cause I went out with my friends.

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
Buying fish from petsmart, they are almost as bad as walmart. All the fish I got from the petsmart here had severe ich.

Savior19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Austin Tx
mine are doin preeety good i only have 2 thoiugh but have gone thru 4........yeah lesson learned the hard way;...............Mommyjulia rox my SOX

pdbrady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2006
Springfield, MO
MommyJulia;1689443; said:
Buying fish from petsmart, they are almost as bad as walmart. All the fish I got from the petsmart here had severe ich.
Did they have ich when you bought them, or did they get it once in your tank? Two totally different things, and blames. ;) Too many people think their fish COME with ich, even though not present on the fish. Mine's probably getting distracted while doing water changes. You realize you've made a mistake when you hear water rushing to the floor. :eek:

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
I actually have a really nice petsmart near me. No dead fish, clean tanks, but the bright red gravel in half the tanks....:eek:

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
FSM;1689515; said:
I actually have a really nice petsmart near me. No dead fish, clean tanks, but the bright red gravel in half the tanks....:eek:
Me too. I have some great Jags and GT's from petsmart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store