Your biggest mistake

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
when i was 14 i was moving a tank and we decided to make 2 trips, my mom later said we would have to go back for the actual fish, which i had left in a bucket. we went back the next day and roughly 13 fish were dead.
lesson learned always bring fish, a heater, and an air pump first...

Rhodes09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
i didnt have enough salt when preforming a water change in my saltwater tank, the salinity dropped and i lost 2 fish and my coral banded shrimp...

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Rhodes09;1689699; said:
i didnt have enough salt when preforming a water change in my saltwater tank, the salinity dropped and i lost 2 fish and my coral banded shrimp...
I once fried 20lbs of live rock setting up my first marine tank when I somehow FORGOT to add any salt at all.:screwy:

Thats a very expensive mistake...

MommyJulia

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
A, A
pdbrady;1689479; said:
Did they have ich when you bought them, or did they get it once in your tank? Two totally different things, and blames. ;) Too many people think their fish COME with ich, even though not present on the fish. Mine's probably getting distracted while doing water changes. You realize you've made a mistake when you hear water rushing to the floor. :eek:
I guess it was partly my own fault for not looking closely at the store. When I got home and they were still in the bag, I noticed small white spots on them. I didn't have the heart to take them back, I wanted to rescue them and I did. They are all healthy now.

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
dumping 40 goldies in with my tems for food for the week, got back from my holiday to see still 20+ goldies and 1 tem with a mega case if ich, with a quick water change and upping the temp he made a full recovery, i also put al the goldies in my pond...

Speezio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2008
Connecticut
relativly new but mine is probably when i was doing a water change and left the water running into the bucket, i went to watch part of a tv show and when i came back the floor was a puddle:nilly:

powrisal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2007
cincinnati
purchasing a second silver aro, putting him in the same tank as my other aro(which kicked the crap out of the new one) put the little aro in a dif tank which i forgot had my lima shovel nose and he ate my aro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store