zebra price.

harty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
ontario, canada
i've just inherited a tank from a relative which needs to be restocked.
i've seen pics online of zebras before and think they're a very impressive looking fish. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much they usually go for on the market, preferably prices in canada...ontario specifically if possible. thanks for any help.

harty

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
they are usually arround 300$ in the states for adults... cant help you in canadian money.... since they got banned from import and are hard to find they will be very pricey...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
one of those fish i wish i got back in the day.... good luck finding them...

harty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
ontario, canada
lol no matter; no way i'm dropping 300 bones on one.. i vaguely recall seeing them in a store once, but can't really remember where.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
are you talking about zebra plecos? cause now it's closer to 500$. I would suggest going with a king tiger pleco, or chocolate zebra, they look very similar, are easier to find and are a fraction of the cost.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I have heard that stores ar selling tigers as zebras to get the higer prices. thats why when you are buying the high end plecos you need to do your homeowrk. I have a LFS that can still get me Zebras for 300ish. but they are way to small for my liking

harty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
ontario, canada
holy jeez. can't imagine spending that much on a fish.. then again, i'm just getting into the hobby. thanks for all the help and suggestions.

harty.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
koop171;1872401; said:
I have heard that stores ar selling tigers as zebras to get the higer prices. thats why when you are buying the high end plecos you need to do your homeowrk. I have a LFS that can still get me Zebras for 300ish. but they are way to small for my liking
haha if a store is doing that, that's pretty low. but if you are in the market for a zebra, you should probably (hopefully) be able to tell the difference. How small are the 300$ zebras your talking about, and what store, do they ship?

harty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
ontario, canada
i've been reading around and it seems tigers are more of a carniverous pleco? does this mean they're not a good speacie to help "keep the glass clean"?? they're definately a great looking pleco.

harty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store