Search results

1. A

Freshwater tank within a tank

No real reason. Lol. I just think it look.cooler. Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  2. A

Freshwater tank within a tank

I have a 55g and I want a semi-large cichlid but I also want a 10gish size refrugium type of thing but I want it out of plastic so I can put holes in it with my little 400gph power head in it. I would.like easy-to-grow live plants with shrimp in it. Would this work? Sent from my DROID using...
  3. A

Im back and need help

Okay guys, i haven't been here in probaly a year. I downsized and now have only two tanks and my 55g freshwater tank has 3 shell dwelling cichlids, one sleeper goby, one angelfish, and a crappie.(bad stock i know) I'm going to attempt to fix that but i would like some good advice from you...
  4. A

Floor supports?

I got a 110g thats 5'x1.5'xand 2'tall. would the floor be able to support this tank? As far as i know it doesnt have any extra supports and we jus bought this house so i dont know how far the boards are apart and stuff like that
  5. A

fx5?

I think ill get one locally because they have nice ones that dont look dyi which its gonna be in the living room for a display tank(first thing they see when they walk in) so i think ill get a HOB one that has a black finish to it. and i got media for my canister that gets phosphates,nitrates...
  6. A

fx5?

Alright thanks guys... i dont have the time for changing it once a week(personal reasons/sports..3 soccer teams if that gives you an idea) so im thinking just a turf scrubber rated for 150g(i think) and the magnum 350. and ill try to talk mom into a skimmer or if i cant then ill save up for one...
  7. A

Stock My New Tank 400L

Ok then im sure you could go with a trio of Red hooks.. i think so anyway
  8. A

Stock My New Tank 400L

400L=100ish gallons right?
  9. A

fx5?

would an fx5 be sufficient enough by itself(with 1800+gph from powerheads) to filter a 110ish gallon FOWLR with a porcupine puffer and MAYBE a grouper of some kind?
  10. A

crazy 50/50 idea

its a 5ft long 120 which i think its actually a 110 but there wouldnt be a phsycal devider there would jus be a pile of rocks in one side and open swimming space on the other space
  11. A

crazy 50/50 idea

Alright I have a 120gallon aquarium that isnt set up yet.. it was a FW but now i was thinkin havin half of it under a coral light with Live rock and maybe a few coral frags nd have the other half with some angel fish or tangs.? would this work or would it be a FAIL? Any advice or reality check...
  12. A

cheap and easy to care for stocking options with a ten gallon and a Betta?

If you ask for help dont be nit-picky wit their answer... But good job actually researching fish... jus dont point it out... its annoyin... Other than that i thing neons would be a good idea and Neolamprovis brevis would be a good idea for a shell dweller. Theyre suprisingly simple to take care of.
  13. A

Favorite kind of fish to catch

38" 16lb nothern pike :) no pics...
  14. A

has anyone ever bred african butterfly fish ?

Haha o wow that made me look stupid i wasnt thinkin i jus thought theyd live with aros...
  15. A

has anyone ever bred african butterfly fish ?

Theyre from the Amazon im pretty sure
  16. A

Whats your favorite lure?

i love rapala... works like a charm... too expensive tho. i like the titanium spinner baits tho.. caught a 38" pike on one of those
  17. A

What should i get for my 120?

I dont really want a flagtail because i like jus show fish and flagtails are jus kinda bland. I also dont want assorted cichlids because this tank is gonna be in the living room so i gotta keep it beyond clean and nice so i jus want a show fish.
  18. A

What should i get for my 120?

In my 120 i want a fish that looks good with driftwood, it cant be shy, and it has to catch peoples attention(by uniqueness,aggressiveness, and/or colorfulness). *The tank is empty right now so there is no tank mates.*
  19. A

Serresalmus Rhombeus Growth Rate?

Ive never had piranha before but i like the peru type so i was lookin at those.. hows the venezuala different?
  20. A

Serresalmus Rhombeus Growth Rate?

Thank you JP i was actually thinkiin of Pm'ing you. But i was thinking of getting a 1" from pedro and then getting it in a 120 by itself. do they like power heads?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store