Best Walmart find

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
At the Wal-Mart right across the street from my apt complex they have some nice green spotted puffers, and occasionally get some nice africans in. I did snatch a Red Empress and a Blue Ahli for $5.00 each though a little while back. The Empress didn't make it unfortunately.

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
my tippman 98 custom :ROFL:

oh yah and my first ten gallon setup was 20 bucks at walmart

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
le patron;2652946; said:
my tippman 98 custom :ROFL:

oh yah and my first ten gallon setup was 20 bucks at walmart
Nice find. :D I miss playin paintball so much... Used to go to the Monster Game every year in Hell, Michigan... Now my '01 Angel C&C collects dust... It was baller back in the day!:D

le patron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
USA
CDickes1988;2652956; said:
Nice find. :D I miss playin paintball so much... Used to go to the Monster Game every year in Hell, Michigan... Now my '01 Angel C&C collects dust... It was baller back in the day!:D
i hear ya man:headbang2

Camphilophus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I got some pretty nice flowerhorns out of the assorted $3.82 American tank. I've also got a all white red devil with crazy blue pearls on him for $1.72. Probably a hybrid but a sweet fish nonetheless.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
i for one will not join in the lets flame walmart when i have seen my fair share of bad stuff at what is suppose to be good fish stores ie)a petsmart where an employee shut off the filtration in the morning to clean the tank an forgot to turn it back on i notice at night and tell them hey your fish are all dying etc... different stores different issues

now about the fish

i was able to get a killer platinum koi for $4

i have made it a habit to do the rounds at each store to check for oddball finds and i found dragon goby at the one walmart for $7 each they usually run $30 in the other stores at the petcetera i found they had a 2 4 1 sale goin on an got a cuvier bichir for 9 with a voucher for my other when their new stock comes in again this fish runs for $40 in the other stores an i been reading about bichir an so wanting one and if it eats fish so be it fish eat fish

parasite paradise

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
milwaukee
HAHAHA. that's hilarious. I bought two african butterflies for 7 bucks each, one died after a month, but i still have the other one for a couple months now and he's eating well and doing very well. they also had some synodontis cats for 7.50, they were pretty small though.

parasite paradise

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
milwaukee
chefjamesscott;2653182; said:
i for one will not join in the lets flame walmart when i have seen my fair share of bad stuff at what is suppose to be good fish stores ie)a petsmart where an employee shut off the filtration in the morning to clean the tank an forgot to turn it back on i notice at night and tell them hey your fish are all dying etc... different stores different issues

now about the fish

i was able to get a killer platinum koi for $4

i have made it a habit to do the rounds at each store to check for oddball finds and i found dragon goby at the one walmart for $7 each they usually run $30 in the other stores at the petcetera i found they had a 2 4 1 sale goin on an got a cuvier bichir for 9 with a voucher for my other when their new stock comes in again this fish runs for $40 in the other stores an i been reading about bichir an so wanting one and if it eats fish so be it fish eat fish
I got my dragon goby from petsmart for 5 bucks.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
is that a tegu on your head

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store