Best Walmart find

freshwaterfishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Same here! Everytime i go to Walmart i still always seem to go and check it out because my husband and i have gotten some great buys from there over the years.
I find theve got the best looking Betas that i have ever seen there and so chaep.
A couple months ago we started a Communtiy tank for my daugter and we got gorgus guppies there for 1.29 a peice and just a week prior we had gotten some from the LFS that wernt as nice and payed 3.99 each.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
my fish hobby started with walmart fish, when i was ahout 8.

I had a goldfish named speedy we all expected to live afew weeks...
he was eventually the last fish in the tank and we had to donate him becuase we moved. being 8, i was devistated :(.

But ya, we like to say as a joke, walmart fish are always the strongest because if they can survive that long in their tanks, they can pretty much survive anything.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
I got one of my senegal bichirs there. It was marked for something like $6 but as I got into the car I realized they hadn't charged me for it at the register.

Goanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
Staten Island NY
I thought all walmarts got rid of the live fish. But I guess not. My local wally world got rid of them about two years ago, and any other one I have happened into since then also hasnt had them.

But now reading this thread and seeing some of the deals you guys come across, it makes me wish my local one still had them, lol.

banjocat

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Michigan
Many of the Wal-marts, I have been to, have fish. Have never seen bichirs in Wal-mart. I've seen green-spotted puffers, glowfish(all of the colors, I think), four-lined pims(mixed in with pictus), dragon gobies, crayfish(including blue), fiddler crabs(in containers like the bettas. I could be thinking of some other store though), pacus, African clawed or dwarf frogs(can't remember which), and clown knives.

prskiller

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
In a 10g tank w/wife n kids
Here is my Walmart find:

I've been wanting a Jag for some time but my lfs didn't even know what it was. They were going to special order it for me but I checked out Walmart and they had about 6 baby Jags in stock for $5.00.

I also made a special order thru Walmart for this:

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
banjocat;2655569; said:
Many of the Wal-marts, I have been to, have fish. Have never seen bichirs in Wal-mart. I've seen green-spotted puffers, glowfish(all of the colors, I think), four-lined pims(mixed in with pictus), dragon gobies, crayfish(including blue), fiddler crabs(in containers like the bettas. I could be thinking of some other store though), pacus, African clawed or dwarf frogs(can't remember which), and clown knives.
My wal-mart had the bichirs in with the dragon gobies... Poor brackish gobies. Don't think many of them survived. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store