Best Walmart find

banjocat

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2007
Michigan
CDickes1988;2656234; said:
My wal-mart had the bichirs in with the dragon gobies... Poor brackish gobies. Don't think many of them survived. :(
Yea, brackish fish are one most neglected types of fish. A lot of stores like to call them freshwater(more sales :( ). I haven't kept brackish, but it doesn't sound very hard to setup.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Ive seen their green spotted 5 dollar puffers. Their best deal by far is their equipment. Aqua tech 5-15 filters for 10 bucks! 100 GPH I like this line of filters for my smaller tanks i retrofit in a bio wheel and voila. Also air pumps gravel and especially air line is cheap there! 25 feet for like 3.50 can't beat their equipment prices. I have never had the balls to buy one of their fish though. Not that I wouldn't under the right circumstances.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
mrhayeshimself;2647436; said:
this isnt going to sound that cool, but the wal mart here is the only place that stocks ghost shrimp and the guy who gets them has cataracts so he always adds a lot more than there actually is, last time he thought there was 12, but in reality there was around 20. i'm so glad wal mart hires older people.
wow I feel bad for laughing out loud at this one :nilly:

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
arowanaoscar;2652375; said:
I just bought a dinasour eel for 4.99 the other day.
polypterpus senegalus bichir.. You will learn they are great fish! :) Like a poor mans lungfish

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
CDickes1988;2657565; said:
I wouldn't call them that. :nilly:Bichir in themselves are great fish. :D
They are! I absolutely love mine. He is quite the personality we interact alot and now he is big enough to eat silversides whole. I hand feed him! Check out the thread in the bichirs section . Neat video :)

Redtailcatfishkeeper88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Circleville,Ohio
I actually just got my spotted green puffer there today for 5 bucks. Great find. Only had one left.

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
tcarswell;2657760; said:
They are! I absolutely love mine. He is quite the personality we interact alot and now he is big enough to eat silversides whole. I hand feed him! Check out the thread in the bichirs section . Neat video :)
Yeah I saw that. Afterwards I started looking for baitshops around here that carry silversides. :D Still haven't found one, but I'm right by lake erie, so there has to be one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store