Black or Silver?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I rarely see Black Aros for sale in Hawaii. Silvers are always available and I find them quite attractive. I recently bought one that seems to have a pretty good disposition. It is about 7 inches now and is does not seem jumpy or skittish. I'm just hoping it won't develop drop eye. I know a guy who has two 3ft Silvers that don't have drop eye, so there's always hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
How about posting pics of these 3ft monsters?

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
How about posting pics of these 3ft monsters?
I wish I could have taken better pics, but this was at his aquarium shop and he didn't want anyone taking pics of his stock anyway. Water was clouded due to a filtration problem. You can't see the Aros face but if you gauge his size by the thickness a of that tail plus the 14 in Dat below, I think that aro was more than 3 ft. I did see that it had no drop eye and I myself was in disbelief. He also had a smaller aro that only had a slight DE. uploadfromtaptalk1411971152048.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411971458936.jpg

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
How would I see one in person if it wasn't at a LFS?

I could look online but then it would only be a photograph or clip of one.

Stupid comment.
Befriend more aro keepers go to a zoo lots of options

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I wish I could have taken better pics, but this was at his aquarium shop and he didn't want anyone taking pics of his stock anyway. Water was clouded due to a filtration problem. You can't see the Aros face but if you gauge his size by the thickness a of that tail plus the 14 in Dat below, I think that aro was more than 3 ft. I did see that it had no drop eye and I myself was in disbelief. He also had a smaller aro that only had a slight DE. View attachment 1039495

The shop needs to sort out that water fast

Very hard to tell the size unless you have something for reference

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I wish I could have taken better pics, but this was at his aquarium shop and he didn't want anyone taking pics of his stock anyway. Water was clouded due to a filtration problem. You can't see the Aros face but if you gauge his size by the thickness a of that tail plus the 14 in Dat below, I think that aro was more than 3 ft. I did see that it had no drop eye and I myself was in disbelief. He also had a smaller aro that only had a slight DE. View attachment 1039495

:duh:

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I wasnt looking for points, only childish people like your self do. Keyboard Warrior, keep your negative comments to yourself or get off this website. I must say though that it was a well written response. People might give YOU points for sounding so inteligent. How long did it take you to put that together?

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Sorry for my rant guys! I should have quoted that negative response to my posts, but it really is not necessary. I think he deleted it or it was deleted by a mod. Either way, it was totally not important. Just some idiot trying to look smart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store