Black or Silver?

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I rarely see Black Aros for sale in Hawaii. Silvers are always available and I find them quite attractive. I recently bought one that seems to have a pretty good disposition. It is about 7 inches now and is does not seem jumpy or skittish. I'm just hoping it won't develop drop eye. I know a guy who has two 3ft Silvers that don't have drop eye, so there's always hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Are you sure one of those aros isn't a black aro. Not positive through the tough viewing, but I swear I see bluish fins and maybe even orange tips to those fins when I look close. (bottom aro in last pic)

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
The shop owner said they were all silvers, could just have been the way the light reflected off their bodies, the tank was next to the front door. That one was still a bit young I think, maybe about 2ft.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Just playing devil's advocate here...but isn't it possible that the reason we hear more about silvers with DE is because there are simply more of them out there being kept by people. Example...On any given day, more Fords will bust their headlights than say a Porsche...simply because there are more Fords than Porsches.
Not saying a silver is a Ford or a black is Porsche, just statistics.

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
The shop owner said they were all silvers, could just have been the way the light reflected off their bodies, the tank was next to the front door. That one was still a bit young I think, maybe about 2ft.

Must of been the light. Would be awesome to see those aros in a clear tank..& the dat

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Just playing devil's advocate here...but isn't it possible that the reason we hear more about silvers with DE is because there are simply more of them out there being kept by people. Example...On any given day, more Fords will bust their headlights than say a Porsche...simply because there are more Fords than Porsches.
No

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
That's a good theory, because the total black arowana that bderick and t1karmann combine is not even close to a handful, and that plus "pictures from the Internet" are their statistic to come to their expertise!

This thread is why i dont post the arowana forum.
Quite on the contrary! You just posted in the arowana forum, because of this thread...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com