DATNOID CARE SHEET, HERE IT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I have also heard of farms breeding dats from my LFS guys. The prices for thin bar dats is really cheap now and you often see shop tanks with 20-30 identical sized thin bars in it.

Just a thought-Maybe you guys that side have not heard about it yet to keep the prices up. I bought my 1.5" thin bar a while back for about US$5-8, can't remember exactly.

Nice post, thanks Peewee

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
your all welcome, too bad there are some info thath doesn't quite fit in there, especially compatibilities.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
i'll post up some species care sheets/profile info for each species.

NGT will take a while as i've lost it but i'll sort the other out now.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Thanks that helps im looking into keeping some soon with my bichirs.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
DiXoN;3762630; said:
i'll post up some species care sheets/profile info for each species.

NGT will take a while as i've lost it but i'll sort the other out now.
Awesome Dixon! I was working on something last night, but since I don't have much experience with anything, but ITs, I'm sure you're will be a lot better than what I could come up with.

willtang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2006
West Sussex, United Kingdom
nomad;3755977; said:
Personally I believe that dats bred in captivity are just a myth and I will not change my mind unless I see a video proof.
Being a pricey fish any potential "breeder" would be more than happy to share pics/vids of his facility as this translates into free advertisement ..... so far hundreds of threads and not even one picture surfaced the web.
This is more logic than evidence, but why would suppliers be wasting all their time and energy catching 1" fish in the wild that so many mfker's have? Surely its more economical to catch the larger fish.

Fingerling

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Singapore
willtang3000;3768199; said:
This is more logic than evidence, but why would suppliers be wasting all their time and energy catching 1" fish in the wild that so many mfker's have? Surely its more economical to catch the larger fish.

Catching only the 1" fish in the wild instead of the bigger ones would mean that there would be a sufficient amount of adult specimens in the wild for that can spawn to meet hobbyist demand reason being dats take years to sexually mature. Its also a good way to keep their numbers sufficient in the wild to prevent overfishing of them which might lead a similar ban to the Siamese tiger datnoid. ( my own opinion )

There are no breeding records of dats in Singapore from what i know. Prices are low now probably due to season. Better stock up on them now!!!:nilly::nilly::nilly:

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
benzjamin13;3767207; said:
Awesome Dixon! I was working on something last night, but since I don't have much experience with anything, but ITs, I'm sure you're will be a lot better than what I could come up with.

i've already done most of it, it's a little down the page and was just took of the website i had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store