Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingerling

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Singapore
willtang3000;3774060; said:
I doubt there are any regulations as the media haven't published anything unlike the galaxy rasbora and dats are not on any red lists that I know of. I hope there will be some if not already in place.

Thailand has set rules to ban importing Siamese dats out of the country. Im hoping in 10-15 years to come, their population would mutiply and the thai king would lift the ban on shipping small siamese dats out. :headbang2

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Fingerling;3774113; said:
Thailand has set rules to ban importing Siamese dats out of the country. Im hoping in 10-15 years to come, their population would mutiply and the thai king would lift the ban on shipping small siamese dats out. :headbang2

Thailand has had these export measure in place for years even before the demise of ST exporting from bordering countries due to diminishing wild stocks.

the probable reason they won't/don't catch larger specimens will be down to the fact it's much easier to catch fry. why spend hours catching a few hundred larger fish when you can catch the same amount of small fish in minutes.

Marowana420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2009
Toronto Canada
peewee;3755314; said:
F. Other external factors like an extra powerhead to generate extra current for them to swim against, air disk to improve aeration in your water and background of your tank.

what kind of background? i'm suspecting that my black background is turning my dats dark

Fingerling

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
Singapore
Definitely. But whether they will remain stable ( non black/dark ) once they are there, its a different issue. They are more unpredictable than women...:nilly::nilly::nilly:. If you intend to permanently house them with your aro, you should just leave them in the aro tank, keep clean water, certain bottom dwellers like clown loaches did help me in stabilising my dat. And also driftwood.

Best way is to just trail and error. Some dats cant click well with each other too. So forming a gang of dats, would definitely require patience and lots of luck.

MikeGF123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2009
St. Charles IL
Listen i have read every post in this thread. and i no i dont no as much as alot of ppl in MFK but datnoids are my favorite fish and in my "opinoin" have NOT been breeded in capivity. fry datnoids only come around for a short time every year( 1 or 2 months ) and if breeded would be availible any time of year for the same price, not only that it seems every year the type of datnoids which is the cheapest and easiest to get changes! last year ( 2009 ) fry NTT's were everywhere and were the size of the IT that around now ( 2010 ) explain that. why would the exporter send a 15" Indo over thats worth hundreds of dollars when it could have babys worth thousands? ( they arent stupid ) it takes a datnoid years to beable to produce eggs! so it's better for them to keep the big ones in there wild habitats and scoop there babys during they breeding season. Also if they were breeding datnoids they could also breed ST's and they would surely find a way to export them to the US to make a huge profit and has anyone one seen a ST under 8" in years????........no.

also I dont no if this is possible but all datnoids are from the same family if im correct and that means if they were being breeded in capivity they could probably cross breed them like they have cross breeded asian arowanas, for example an NTT mixed with an IT. this type of development would also make alot of money and has anyone seen a different stran of datnoids lately? ( im not sure if this is possible so please correct me if im wrong )

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store