First day of "fishing" in Florida

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Awesome pictures. I'd love to get my hands on that Zonatum.

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Ah, Florida. You so crazy. I've never caught anything interesting up where I live (I'm in cental FL between Jacksonville and Orlando), but I've seen a lot of really cool stuff in retention ponds and drainage canals down south. I wish I could join you all on your fishing expedition!

I know there was some doubt as to the beani that came from a mysterious pond in south Florida, but let me be the first to tell you that it's entirely plausible. Fish farms, like any business, come and go. Sometimes people just pack up shop and leave the ponds as-is. I happened upon some amazing angelfish a few years back from an abandoned farm. There were several generations of them thriving and spawning in the pond.

I wish I could find that pond that I found about 10 years ago that was full of port cichlids. I'd love to go back with a net and bucket!

It's been beautiful weather here. You guys must be having a great time.

guapote's gape

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2009
canada
zonatum are all spoken for. we caught another male thats easily twice the size of the one pictured but light was fading so pictures tommorow. for the zonatums we caught a pair and the extra monster male

flowerpower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
NY
Are all of these guys coming from one body of water or are there separate ponds? Whoever's pond this was sure had one hell of a selection of cichlids.

You guys catching anything strange or unexpected in these ponds?

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
guapote's gape;4087276; said:
when the fire ants bite its definetly unexpected.....and painfull but really funny when it's someone else. lol
:ROFL:

Sent you a PM, send me back pricing when you guys get a chance.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
This my new favorite thread!!!!

fitznacio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
Missouri
Look forward to see the lphotos of the large dovii's you guys caught down there. What kind of bait were you using to catch them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store