Fish Showing Pimples and Tumor-looking-thing

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
From my experience with what you have keep salting daily and water changes ever other day and meds keep heat at around 83 to 86

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I used another dose of MB and MG and the fish seem to be doing better, and i will do a water change next time i can.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Also, should i stop feedingg the fish as much. I have been feeding them as much as they can eat in 5 minites once every other day.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It's OK to feed them.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I read about different diseases and i am beginning to think that it is fish tuberculosis. Do you think it is fish tuberculosis that is killing the fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I am almost sure it is fish tuberculosis because the one fish goes higher up if he is not swimming (i think it is Dropsy), one fish had the dorsal rays come out of its skin, some of the fish have ulceration, some are sluggish, and some are bloody.

This is before the newest addition to the tank. (the D. compresserceps) :
We got a wild caught male frontosa and it had fin-rot. I assumed it was being picked on because most people only sell sub-domant males at fish auctions. Also it had a large pimple on it's tail that was probably an ulceration. I did not see that until after it was in the tank. (i put fish from reputable fish-sellers directly in the tank after acclimation) Exactly 13 days later it was resting it's bottom jaw on the bottom and did not move while i was feeding. It was very sluggish. The next day it was dead. I believe it carried fish tuberculosis.

About the D. compresserceps i added a couple weeks ago:
The D. compresserceps was from the same seller. I have been buying from him for years without a problem ever. I figured mistakes happen so i got the D. compresserceps. After i got home and it was in the tank i saw it floats (i think it is Dropsy) and has a sunk in belly (Emaciation, which in the sticky "Freshwater-Disease-Guide" thread is a effect of fish tuberculosis just like almost all the symptoms of Disease on the other fish).

It says to destroy effected fish. I have a L600, a L200, a L128, a L097, and 2 synodontis pleurops and i don't want to kill. I am wondering if there is any way i can save those if this is really fish tuberculosis.
(I realize from now on I have to quarantine all the fish i get even if they are from a reputable fish-seller.)

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
The plecos will not get it don't destroy them if I were you and if you can move your non sick fish to a safe environment . If you are a 100 percent sure and feel all your cichlids are sick then destroy them as per what you are being told .
Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Before yesterday everything was getting better.
Today the large D. compresserseps has cloudy and fluffy eyes. Some more fish died and if I'm sure this is fish tuberculosis i will have to kill most of the things. This is a pic of a fish that died today. (idk if a pic of the dead fish helps identify the desease)
Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 7.29.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-27 at 7.29.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 7.29.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 7.29.36 PM.png

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
After reading more i saw that the eyes of dead fish with Aeromonas hydrophila looked a lot like the eyes of the dead fish i found today. Any opinions would be greatly appericated.
Also, will all the fish be infected by by now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store