cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Spots fished-2

Time fished-7 hrs

Fish landed-I-7/Dennis-6

Tried the "Amazon" today with Dennis and My brother Jason. Storm came through and we had to leave but not before I got 5 and Dennis got 4.
The storm blow through as we where on the way home so we stopped at "Rosedale" real quick. Dennis banged the first fish in the cove on the buzzy. I followed up with one right after. As it was getting very dark we both had the pleasure of seeing a three pounder straight KILL the buzzy in the dark with the moon light!!

Rained out but the day ended pretty good!!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Spots fishded-1

Time fished-10.5 hrs

Fish landed-I-12/Dennis-7

At 10am the day begun at "Lakewood"

The bite wasn't fast as I expected but they were here and there. Today two lures that I dont use much came through for me. One is the inline MAPPS # 5, and the other is a chugbug popper. At one point Dennis and I both had five catches each but I swithched to the inline thinking I could run up numbers messing with the CP's. Not thinking it was going to catch bass but indeed it did three of them very quickly!! Then as the day went on I pulled out my popper just to mess around. Well when nothing was working throwing that popper on the edge of the lillys worked very good on two nice bass! The bite on the popper is very different from the buzzy. They both are TOPWATER but the fish hit the popper when its just seatting still and its alittle more intense. The buzzy is still my number one topwater!! Dennis copied me and used one of MY poppers and was able to land a decent CP on it!(his first popper fish ever)

Long day, slow bite but we had fun!!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
Went to a Bat Ray fishing tournament yesterday night with one of my friends and MinnowMagnet and even though none of us one the trophy I won the raffle grand prize of a custom rod made specifically for bat rays with the date and mud marlin engraved into it. Its really nice about 9' tall black and green and heavy action its worth about $350 but in sentimental value its worth about $50,000 XD

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
Ill go take one and post it

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Tequila;4143602; said:
And here's what it looked like after lunch where I nailed 2 nice Bass on a Frog and the 3 on a rattletrap and JAck only was able to catch a one eyed Tilapia and tiny Bass. But he made a come back later at a pond in my developement, by catching 2 more Bass for the lead again, but late on around 6:30pm I went out a hit to more Bass at a pond 3 minutes away. The second one was a nice 2lbs Bass and the first one was a Monster that hit my Frog 3 seperate time before I could get a good hook set. Approx 4lbs Bass below.

Almost 3.8lbs to 4lbs below

Sorry forgot the good camera at home. But was able to measure it later, measurement 23 inches,
Approx 6.5lbs to 7.0lbs. Sorry Terry I know I said 5 pounder everyday but it's hard to catch Bass that small all the time here.

The kayaking spot looked real good!!

Nice 6 pounder!!

Tell Jack I never caught a bass that big!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Deep Blue Sea;4145582; said:
Went to a Bat Ray fishing tournament yesterday night with one of my friends and MinnowMagnet and even though none of us one the trophy I won the raffle grand prize of a custom rod made specifically for bat rays with the date and mud marlin engraved into it. Its really nice about 9' tall black and green and heavy action its worth about $350 but in sentimental value its worth about $50,000 XD
Thats whats up!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Spots fished-1

Time fished-7.5 hrs

Fish landed-I-10/Dennis-6/Nephew-3

Was alittle tired of fishing but around 11 I said why not. We all packed in the bass bus and headed out to "Carnegie lake". The bite was kinda slow at first but it picked up and stayed constent for awhile. At one point Dennis and I did a double!!(pic) We all landed decent fish today too. My nephew started off with his thrid being 3.0, then my 2.12, and then Dennis landed a 2.14. Even through I was up in catches we throught Kyle(nephew) was going to have the biggest of the day but NO NO cause I had a very nice fight with a 3.4 from about 45ft away!!

The spinny, the inline, and the BUZZY did very good today!!!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Spots fished-3

Time fished-4.25 hrs

Fish landed-I-6/Dennis-0

Had some things to do this morning, plus I needed a break from the boat.
So Dennis and I went lake hopping today!

The first spot is one that big bruh and I used to go to alot in 07. Its called silver lake but we like to call it "Newtown bypass" cause thats the road that goes over it. The water looked crappy and so was the fishing, we both got nothing :irked:. Lets just say Dennis wasnt to happy that I showed him this spot.

The next stop was the D&R canal(rt 29). I was hopping to find the smallmouth out and about but NO NO, nothing was swimming with the current but trout.

"Rosedale" is where we decided to end the day. We both startd out with the buzzy but they werent active enough for that. My next trick was the inline, then the dinger but those didnt work either. At this point I was getting alittle restless so I pulled out something that doesnt put much work on the wrist. After about 5 minutes I learned that I was on to something when a small 12"er straight smacked the popper(chugbug). Its crazy through cause I fished that same piece of shorline the same way(parrellel) and got nothing. Before I switched back the buzzy, a three pounder, and a very nice two pounder throught the popper looked good enough to eat!!! Landed 3 very small ones on the buzzy before we left.

Not alot of numbers today but I had fun!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~~~~~~~

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Ok after a short break for the past 2 days I went out for a short 2 hrs on 2 small lakes in the developement, JAck calls Bingo every Tuesdays.

I lost three other Bass that spit the hooks. Plus there was many blow-ups where the Bass just totally missed the lure, or in one case knocked the Buzzbait clear out of the water. Oh yeah Terry was on the money when he said that the Money Minnow was a good buy. Here's what was landed:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store