FISHING SEASON 2K10!!!!!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
L A R R Y;4135949; said:
I've been trying different tactics at this hydrilla infested pond and have had some success. So today, I was like, since there is so much matted hydrilla in this pond, why not throw a BIG 7" senko and see what I can pull out. On the second cast, I felt the ohhhh familiar tick tick tick HOOK SET.....game on. Pulled out this lil feller. He sure wanted a big meal on the big senko. So about 20 minutes later, pulled it through a patch of hydrilla, and let it sit. TWITCH TWITCH from the rod tip, and THUMP!!!!! HOOK SET and some pretty good weight. REEL REEL REEL REEL and hear a big boil in the water DON'T COME OFF DON'T COME OFF DON'T COME get it up to the bank, as I am standing on an elevated concrete platform and see this bigger feller.....I hear that there are some bigger ones in there, so I will be investing in more 7" worms and weighted offset hooks in the future and see what else I can pull out of there. Here are the pics

First fish...he was hungry

Second fish
it went 3.13 on my scale. I left my tape measure at home, but this is my 7'3" mh rod that I had to get a gauge with and came home to measure and it was just right at 19"
great story and pics!!

Yeah the senko or the dinger has been working the best in the past two weeks here in NJ!!

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
Man I gotta tell you...

Every update you give I'm finding myself rooting for Dennis.

As much as he fishes with you one would think he'd pick up some tips.

Poor guy, maybe we should make some Team Dennis shirts and his luck will improve.

L A R R Y

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Texas
cichlid fiend;4136505; said:
great story and pics!!

Yeah the senko or the dinger has been working the best in the past two weeks here in NJ!!
I am a SENKO/DINGER fanatic....it is definitely my goto bait when all else fails to work. I just started fishing them t-rigged with a weighted gammy offset hook and still wacky riggin them to no avail

Dreamsofpeace54;4137205; said:
L A R R Y, do you like your vendetta? i was thinking of picking one up but the $80 tag has me a bit hesitant. Ive never had an abu but ive heard good things.
The Vendetta's are some very very nice sticks for the money. I bought a 6'3" m to try out and liked it so much, I bought the 7'0" MH and 7'3" MH to pair up with my Revos. I have premiers on the 6'3" and 7'0" with a STX-HS on the 7'3". Very sensitive, can pull the biggest fish out of anything imaginable. I even caught a buffalo on my 6'3" while screwin around with some catfish bait I found on the bank. Don't be weary of purchasing one of these rods, they are well worth the money. And when the AG Veritas comes out in a few months, I will try one of those out. And probably pair that one up with another Premier :) Here is another one I caught today, and the Vendetta handled her with no problem

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
L A R R Y;4137426; said:
I am a SENKO/DINGER fanatic....it is definitely my goto bait when all else fails to work. I just started fishing them t-rigged with a weighted gammy offset hook and still wacky riggin them to no avail

The Vendetta's are some very very nice sticks for the money. I bought a 6'3" m to try out and liked it so much, I bought the 7'0" MH and 7'3" MH to pair up with my Revos. I have premiers on the 6'3" and 7'0" with a STX-HS on the 7'3". Very sensitive, can pull the biggest fish out of anything imaginable. I even caught a buffalo on my 6'3" while screwin around with some catfish bait I found on the bank. Don't be weary of purchasing one of these rods, they are well worth the money. And when the AG Veritas comes out in a few months, I will try one of those out. And probably pair that one up with another Premier :) Here is another one I caught today, and the Vendetta handled her with no problem

Nice four pounder!!!

Plastic stick baits work very well but I perfur wire baits. Just certain times the fish dont feel the same and I have to pull out the rubber. I mostly use dingers and 10" u-tails and the color that I think is the best is watermelonseed!

On second throught your fish maybe in the 5's!!! Nice fish either way!!

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
oscarcrazy;4136616; said:
Man I gotta tell you...

Every update you give I'm finding myself rooting for Dennis.

As much as he fishes with you one would think he'd pick up some tips.

Poor guy, maybe we should make some Team Dennis shirts and his luck will improve.
I get on him all the time about that. He switches baits, stick in trees, or just doesnt get in tight enough. It hard to catch fish on wire baits in open water, it can happen but its not often. It takes throwing closest to the bank as possible. He usually does well when the spinny is the top bait, other then that he spends most of the time tring to figure out what to use.

cichlid fiend

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2008
New Jersey
Spots fished-3

Time fished-3.5 hrs

Fish landed-I-2/Nephew-5

Nephew and I went on a lake hopping adventure today on this cold day!!

The weather is crazy one day its hot as balls then is feels like winter outside the next. Anyway the first stop of the day was a spot I havent fished in like three years. It was completly DEAD, only thing we seen was a few carp.

The second spot is in Burlington,NJ and we like to call it the Mr.Ed spot(long story). We didnt see any action but it was a guy catching trout on mill worms. He said he hadnt had a bluegill take his bait all day, once I heard that we left cause if the bluegills arent active at all then the bass are probaly not either.

I had to catch something so the last spot of the day is the cess pool. I saved it for last just in case we couldnt catch anything. Nephew banged the first four fish. I came back with two and he landed the last one before we called it quits and headed off to church.

Nephew beat me again but ha you canted win them all!!!

~~~~~~FISH MORE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STRESS LESS~~~~~~~~

L A R R Y

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Texas
Good catch CF, that is a nice lil chunk you hauled in bruh.

I was a little baffled on what the scale said, it only weighed 3.79, but it definitely felt heavier than that. By far, this is the biggest bass I've caught to date. I can't wait to get back out there, matter of fact, I might head there right now since I am off today

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
cichlid fiend;4135676; said:
Tell Jack I sad whats up once you get there. And dont forgt yall said atleast one five pounder a day will be caught. Ill be waitting to see if that happens!!

Well as I should have expected throwing out numbers, has kinda put a jinx ino the worx. Yesterday I had to be at the Airport so dam early that I didn't get much sleep at all. So we only fished for 1.5 hrs in mid-afternoon, the sun was still very high in the sky and it was a hot 85F degree day. We fished one and a half hours with a total of only 6 fish being landed, 3 apiece. So we called it a day, I could hardly keep my eyes open plus Jersey Jack had an MRI appt. Noting big too speak of at all. :irked:

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Then today while first fishing in the boat I thought that I had a really nice fish, but it turned out to be around 3.2lbs approx. (the one I sent you the vid of the catch). And then later on after lunch we were on foot Jersey Jack got one Bass that was 4.10 But that was the largest for the day.

Last pic shot in the afternoon when we were on foot.

All goes well tomorrow we should have some nice fish and hopefully some hot video of the action to boot. Jersey Jackis picking me up at 6am so that we can be on this hot new spot at first light, Jersey Jack says the topwater bite has be really good there since he found it.
:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store