In New Jersey, about to lose my entire tank......trying everything I can!

Just Prince

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
Maryland
The Geophagus, Bueno Aires Tetras, Clown Loaches can safely tolerate water in the 60's. Don't know about the Blood Parrots. The Neon's and Bristlenose don't really like it below 70. But they may make it.

Peacock Rey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
Trenton NJ
Sorry to hear this man. Thank god I did not loose power

terror27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
newark nj
Sandy got the best of me I lost four plecos and my large red severum happy to c it worked out for u I know u guys got hit hard down there .

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Exotic Aquatics LLC

Piranha
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Add hydrogen peroxide 3% at a disease of 1 teaspoon per 40 gallons. (Start with 1/4-1/2 of dosage). Ex- 75 gallon tank is 2 teaspoons but u only need to add 1/4 at first to slowly ramp up dosage. So for a 75 first dose is .5 teaspoon then few hrs later add 1 teaspoon ect ect. Until full dose reached. Or to maintain without over dose just keep at half or 1/4 strength and add every 3-4 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
I am lucky I did not lose power for one min even though the eye of the storm passed over my house in SNJ suburb of Philly. My neighboring towns lost power for a few hours but nowhere near the power outtage for days in Jersey shore and NY city.

Even though I have 3 battery driven air pump for back up, they wouldn't do me any good if the power went out because I didn't stock up enough battery. I went to the stores to stock up battery before the storm, but I was too late as all the D size batteries were sold out. A good lesson is learned that I should always stock up enough battery in sunny days.

Dosing with hydrogen peroxide is also a good idea. Never thought about it.

TheTankMates

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 27, 2010
llama
For the record I kept all my fish alive in a fish only marine tank for over 24hrs in a house that lost electricity with no alternate heat source with just blankets. I don't think it ever got below 75, this was during a brutal subzero event too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store