Information desired regarding - Amphilophus sp. "Yaxha Red Devil"

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I understand, I wasn't directing my angst at you personally. Just sayin, boy needs to give his head a shake, and get his facts straight.

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
For the first time I will have to agree with RD. ;)

It is a shame that a fancy name or words have to be put on some fish just to make them desirable. I placed an order for some of these myself and just received a response from Jeff stating that they are none other than Labiatus from Nicaragua that Jeff collected last year. Luckily I was able to cancle the order before it was packaged. I have 5 of these Labiatus that were collected by Jeff myself and hundreds of different colored fry with sizable lips as well. Maybe I should give mine a fancy ass name and sell them as such.

Im not bagging you TeeJay, it just pisses me off when s*** like this happens in this hobby. This is a main reason why so many hobbyists out there have no idea what the hell their fish really are.

TeeJay I have the same F1 fry for a hell of a lot cheaper, lol.

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
I'm starting to think that the Wet Spot named them this way and NOT Rusty.

The parents of my fry are the same as the ones that Rapps collected from Nicaragua.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I'm starting to think that the Wet Spot named them this way and NOT Rusty.
Negative. The name used is from the name supplied by the vendor.
See post # 13 in this discussion, I already pointed this out.

And thanks for dropping in to support me, Madness. :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Negative. The name used is from the name supplied by the vendor.
See post # 13 in this discussion, I already pointed this out.

And thanks for dropping in to support me, Madness. :D
Last order I had from The Wet Spot, I order one fish, they sent me a different species. When I called to clarify, he said; "Well, basically the same thing." I often wonder if Steve knows what his people do in that building.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
That could be, but in this case the folks at Wet Spot had nothing to do with the situation. Rusty was already referring to these fish as Amphilophus Labiatus 'Laguna Yaxha' before Wet Spot got involved with them. This isn't a Wet Spot problem, it's a Rusty Wessel problem.

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
Well, at least I didn't pay too much for them. And it's not a total loss as these are my first labiatus ever. I wanted big lips and so far, even at 1.5", they are evident. I'm eager to see what their colors will be ;-)

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Well, at least I didn't pay too much for them. And it's not a total loss as these are my first labiatus ever. I wanted big lips and so far, even at 1.5", they are evident. I'm eager to see what their colors will be ;-)

Keep us posted on this. I am very curious because if it is a different variant then it should look different or slightly different. If you look at the difference is some of the same sp. from different locations say from Jeff Rapps you will notice a difference.
Also look at how people call h. Cyano and caprintis "Texas" cichlids. First they are two different sp. but both have different variations depending where they were found. I'm just saying you could still have a unique fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store