L shaped plywood tank build

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Fish are in! Moved everything from the old apartment to the new and got them acclimating when I realized I FORGOT A NET. So that was a bit touchy, I ended up draining as much of their water into the tank as I could and put the coolers I carried them in on top and just dumped em. No body missed the mark, so I guess you could say it worked. Right now for filtration/water movement I've only got the fx6 and a little power head which I don't know is creating much movement in the long end. I'll have to work on that. Also I put in more geos than I had originally planned for due to surprise survivors from earlier batches of fry (I have a soft spot for survivor fish). It might get a bit crowded soon so I'll have to keep an eye on that. The new stock in this tank is 15 or so geophagus tapajos orange head, a handful of bronze corydoras, and 2 l091 plecs. I may add some tetras to occupy the top but I'm waiting till I get a better feel for how much space they would have, its hard to tell right now because all the geos have stayed on the left wing of the tank.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Not what I was originally planning with the driftwood, and I didn't end up putting in the grass but I'm happy with it for the time being.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Dude that tank looks great! Nicely done!

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
thanks. I may end up re-arranging some of it or removing some driftwood, I feel like its a bit crowded on the left arm, but the fish like it so maybe not.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
Thanks guys. Best part is that this tank is just the first piece in a whole fish room, which I didn't have before. There will be 6 tanks in there in total. Yeeeaah

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
One thing I'm noticing about this tank is the refraction is really bad in the corner. I like how the fish have more space but there is literally a invisible zone in the middle where the arms meet. Kinda crazy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store