Most popular marine fishes

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
tunerX;1267879; said:
The achilles tang is awesome. My wife wouldn't let me pick one up for fear of it kicking the snot out of the powder brown tang. I told her we could trade in the powder brown but she wasn't having any of it.
For such tangs,

If you do want to mix them its better to mix aggressive ones with others of different body shape.

A Sohal can be mixed with PBT type and YT type body tangs. Achilles can be mixed with Clown type and YT type body tangs etc...

can't guarantee a peaceful comm, but chances of fighting are reduced a great deal. Remember that colors should be different as well. Don't mix an achilles with a black... you may have a dead tang soon.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
ewurm;1267458; said:
Mine actually did great, was eating bloodworms and Brins shrimp, but died form Ich. Ironic that it died from something that it is supposed to feast on.
Actually cleaner wrasses don't eat ich.

If you want to keep them alive longer try keeping them to one per tank.

Have kept cleaners alive for months with that.

But mostly due to poor handling they dont survive very long.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
IoStrisciare;1272876; said:
Actually cleaner wrasses don't eat ich.

If you want to keep them alive longer try keeping them to one per tank.

Have kept cleaners alive for months with that.

But mostly due to poor handling they dont survive very long.
i believe they die because it is difficult to duplicate their unique diet. they never do so well on other foods so ive read.

they may thrive in well established reef tanks with plenty of client to "clean".

revkkoolaid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2005
Space City, TeXas
www.myspace.com
andyourblueblood;1266254; said:
pygmy angels or dwarves? cause a pygmy is a type of dwarf.
The genus Centropyge is commonly referred to as dwarf OR pygmy angels.
If the pygmy you're referring to Centropyge argi. . .yes it is also commonly called a "Pygmy Angel" in the trade . . .or the Atlantic Pygmy or Caribbean Pygmy or Cherub Angel. I think this in part to being one of the few Atlantic members of the genus, that's popular in the pet trade anyway. The Flame Angel (Centropyge loricula) and Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosus) and all the other popular pygmies (half black, lemon peel, eibli, keyhole,rusty,potter's) are all of Indo-pacific origin.

revkkoolaid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2005
Space City, TeXas
www.myspace.com
DeLgAdO;1273208; said:
i believe they die because it is difficult to duplicate their unique diet. they never do so well on other foods so ive read.

they may thrive in well established reef tanks with plenty of client to "clean".
I agree. You really need a HUGE community of fish for a cleaner wrasse to thrive. You can keep one "for months" on substitute foods but without a huge community of "client" fish they are doomed. I have a customer who has had one for over a year that is in excellent condition. His is kept in a wicked reef system with a 135gal display (700gal+ total capacity) with a huge popualtion of fish (hence the huge sump/fuge and res.)

Roflcopter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
USA
Groupers and trumpetfish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store