Most sought after datnoid?

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I say it's an oddball indo. It looks like an unclean 3 bars on the tail and the high back resembles an indo more. I would like confirmation though. Do you have a pic of his other side?
this is the other side :D

I would say its an odd ball IT as well, but i'm no expert, and really have no visual experience with d. pulcher... i know some of the traits from research and pics but no practical experience... i also cant believe that people dont really like the AT dats... i think they have such a cool unique look to them, although i havent seen any 8+ inch ones, but hopefully mine gets there one day! :D
this pic for you, my old 12"+ AT :D

I don't like AT, it attacked my Super Red Arowana

I used to have a 3 bar IT with an ST tail. While uncommon, i have seen a few already. Its also possible for ST to not have that bar join at the tail. Thats not a confirmed way to id ST and IT. IMO, just a unclean IT with a ST tail.
Just like the early mystery of L114 and L600 pleco, until the Taiwanese successfully breeding it and the baby L600 were produced, then it clears up the differences :D

Regardless of it is an IT or ST, I'm still happy with it :D

299.jpg

AT3.JPG

sup3.JPG

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
i know what you mean with the puppy dog thing... my dats see me walk into the living room with a solo cup and they know foods coming, pretty cool... my AT seems to be a bit nasty, he's the smallest but owns the 2 IT's in my grow out with him... thanks for the pic

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Just wanted to point out, even with my old old old ST...

*notice the 2 black circles

the 2nd bar is full necklace

and

the 4th bar had a little buldge

this fish was around 11"ish @ the time

This is also a regrettable sale :(

495.jpg

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
I'd actually put it this way..

big NTT

ST/CT

big NGT

big AT

IT

thing is, those who really want an ST can actually buy one.. it "just" takes money.. big NTT's, NGT's and AT's are really hard to find.. this is possibly the biggest forum and I don't know of 1 NTT over 14", maybe 10 NGT's over 12" and like 3 AT's over 12".. I'm not trying to make the ST a smaller deal than they are or anything but calling them rare is just untrue in the same way that calling asian aros rare..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store