Most sought after datnoid?

nid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
Normally odd bars are considered odd bars when they are incomplete or forked. Those with dots are considered unclean. Although its not wrong to consider 3 bars odd bars, i dun think anyone consider them as such.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Normally odd bars are considered odd bars when they are incomplete or forked. Those with dots are considered unclean. Although its not wrong to consider 3 bars odd bars, i dun think anyone consider them as such.

why not a 3 bar IT doesnt have standard IT stripes so it doesnt look like a IT making it a odd ball

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wonder who said it or how it got established that the four bar pattern is somehow the standard and the three bar or three/four bar split is oddball...Both patterns are just about the same in terms which is more plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I wonder who said it or how it got established that the four bar pattern is somehow the standard and the three bar or three/four bar split is oddball...Both patterns are just about the same in terms which is more plentiful.

point proven then if thats the case odd ball IT are not rare at all and traditional IT are the most rare

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I just never cared for the whole,"oddball" distinction or term as it related to indos.

nid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
In south east Asia 3bars/odd bar/4bar are all very common. They are breeding 3bars and from there many odd bars are also created. The reason is to get as close to an st as possible since ST are no longer easily available. Clean 3 bars are worth much more then 4 bars in SEA market. Its marketing by farms, as odd bars are considered failures from trying to breed 3 bars.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
In south east Asia 3bars/odd bar/4bar are all very common. They are breeding 3bars and from there many odd bars are also created. The reason is to get as close to an st as possible since ST are no longer easily available. Clean 3 bars are worth much more then 4 bars in SEA market. Its marketing by farms, as odd bars are considered failures from trying to breed 3 bars.

You know for a fact that they are breding indos?

nid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
Positive. They even breed hybrids in Thailand. IT mix with NT.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wow, they really love their hybrids in Asia.Can you get some pictures?....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store