My wife says you all are a bad influance... hahaha :)

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
Awesome idea, but too bad you couldn't put the tank at the end of the bed instead :D
ok... a tank at the foot of the bed where a ladies hope chest normally goes as well, this could be soo cool... but at the foot of the bed you'd need glass on at least the two long sides so you could see though it :D

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
yip... did my picture not load??? harumph

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
Na it loaded. You got a freakin awesome idea here, so im gonna be the bad influence. I would do it, just remember when you "forget" to ask permission, there's always time to ask for forgiveness :grinyes:

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
ROFL!!! that is the one thing i learned from her dad that she absolutely HATES! and i've learned that with my wife it doesn't work... i pay much longer in the long-run if i don't gain permission first :S

I'll draft up a "footboard" tank as well. haha! that will really get her worried and then when i scale back to only the headboard hopefully she'll go for it :D

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
oh how i do not miss having to ask permission lol. But i like your tactics lol.
I was just thinking how bad *** it would be to have a tank above the bed or maybe in the ceiling of the livingroom or something...bare bottom ray tank in the ceiling. But talk about a feat of engineering and money... would be cool if someone could pull it off though.

As for your design, i like the angled front design.

Go Big or Go home

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2012
NY
oh how i do not miss having to ask permission lol. But i like your tactics lol.
I was just thinking how bad *** it would be to have a tank above the bed or maybe in the ceiling of the livingroom or something...bare bottom ray tank in the ceiling. But talk about a feat of engineering and money... would be cool if someone could pull it off though.

As for your design, i like the angled front design.
ive seen hanging tanks but nothing over 90 gallons if some one could pull off a large tank it will be a engineering work of art.

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
hmmm....gonna have to consult with dad and his friends on how to make this one work when i get a house. The things i come up with when someone gets me thinkin :screwy:

Go Big or Go home

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2012
NY
hmmm....gonna have to consult with dad and his friends on how to make this one work when i get a house. The things i come up with when someone gets me thinkin :screwy:
its really dangerous because if the cables snap well i think you can figure the rest out...

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
oh i wouldnt hang it, I would mount it in the joists IN the ceiling, not hanging from it. Still would be a heck of an engineering feat, but i think it could be doable

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store