My wife says you all are a bad influance... hahaha :)

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
...tank you...
^^that's funny right there :ROFL:

as for leaks, i got one word for you.... OVERKILL i'll go overkill on the fiberglass, and on the silicone, and on the glass thickness, and on the... well anything else you can think of too :D

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Wow way cool idea but you might wake up to a wet " i told you so " if the tank leaks

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
^^that's funny right there :ROFL:

as for leaks, i got one word for you.... OVERKILL i'll go overkill on the fiberglass, and on the silicone, and on the glass thickness, and on the... well anything else you can think of too :D
Now that was one typo that worked out well lmao.
As for the overkill i would personally do a glass tank and build the headboard around it, less chance of leaks IMO, and with only an 80 gallon that you said you were shootin for i wouldnt think the cost would be too bad.

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
Doing a glass tank is a good idea... and i bet i could get the guys at glasscages.com to even build me one with the angle built into it as well... but it'd be spendy :O

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
If i were doing this build i would do it myself to save, but i also enjoy doing things myself too.
I would find a good glass shop to order your glass through and have them cut it to the exact angles and dimensions for the tank, that way if any cuts or angles are off its on them instead of comin outta your pocket. Once the glass is cut all thats really left is assembly and sealing which is fairly straightforward and plenty of instructionals online and im sure a few on here as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store