My wife says you all are a bad influance... hahaha :)

Go Big or Go home

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2012
NY
oh i wouldnt hang it, I would mount it in the joists IN the ceiling, not hanging from it. Still would be a heck of an engineering feat, but i think it could be doable
If you make that tank ill keep all the fish i have till they die or i die :eek:

Go Big or Go home

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2012
NY
Well i guess im going to need a 1000 gallon xD prob build it Oh Your the first one to know im naming my Black Wolfish im geting lobo its indian for big wolf :[]

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
talk about a water change nightmare! hauling buckets up into the attic crawl space??? :O y'all'z officially nutzo haha :D

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
Lol, well if its ever done it'll be a ways off for me, ill have to have an actual house first, since i dont think the property manager of the apartment complex would appreciate the beauty of it the same way we would lol

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
talk about a water change nightmare! hauling buckets up into the attic crawl space??? :O y'all'z officially nutzo haha :D
:ROFL:

not if your house is a 3 story

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
@wareagle, remember anything is possible with enough re enforcement and bracing lmao
On a serious note though, let me know what your buddy says about it.

Justo23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2011
U.S.A. - Utah
honestly if you built around the tank...as you were building your house... it could be done really cool... but just "installing one into an existing ceiling, i would have doubts ;)

tjfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2011
KC missouri
Well im sure you would have to re frame the ceiling, but i think one could be installed. put simply, what im thinking is frame it in much like you would fram in a "window" or "door" in the ceiling and the tank sits down into the "window frame" and rests on a lip in the frame and is supported by the framing around it, this would make the joists bare the weight just as they would if the tank was sittin on the floor above :naughty:
This is all in my head at the moment, so hopefully i described so you guys can visualize it lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store