Need advice for aquarium glass and thickness

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Hi Bigfishnut, I have finally decided to go with glass aquarium of 8feet length x 2.5 feet wide x 2.5 feet height. Almost around 375 gallons. I am planning to do with 12mm(half inch) thickness glass. Will that be a enough thickness? Since I reduced the height, is that thickness enough? Kindly suggest.

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Ok, I guess it's good. I'm sure you'll brace the top well. Look forward to seeing the finished product Vikkram Vikkram !!

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Ok, I guess it's good. I'm sure you'll brace the top well. Look forward to seeing the finished product Vikkram Vikkram !!
Sure BigFishNut. Will surely post you the Picture of my newly building tank. I will start building tank from September 1st. This month I am building my tank Stand. :) Also I have planned to do with 19mm thickness [3/4 inch] for extra thickness as you said.

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Sure BigFishNut. Will surely post you the Picture of my newly building tank. I will start building tank from September 1st. This month I am building my tank Stand. :) Also I have planned to do with 19mm thickness [3/4 inch] for extra thickness as you said.
I think that is a wise decision. I'm sure 1/2" would hold water, but the extra security of 3/4" is nice in case of an accidental bump or any settling or uneveness in the stand. Will be a nice tank for sure!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store