Need advice for aquarium glass and thickness

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Your tank looks awesome, you did a great job building it. What are you planning on stocking in that big beautiful beast.

Reactions: Vikkram

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Your tank looks awesome, you did a great job building it. What are you planning on stocking in that big beautiful beast.
Thank you so much Jexnell. I am planning to keep below fishes:

Currently I have below fishes in 75 gallon: (4 feet tank, 75 gallon) planning to transfer this to my 240 gallon.

Tinfoil barbs x 6 (grown to 7 inches)
Blood parrot fish x 5 (grown to 5 inches)
Silver dollars x 8 (grown to 5 inches)
Bala sharks x 5 (grown to 6 - 7 inches)
Huge Common pleco x 2 (both reached 9 - 10 inches)
Black ghost knife fish x 1 (grown 9 - 10 inches)
Firemouth x 2 (grown to 3.5 inches)

Along with this, I wish to add clown loaches x 6 and Oscar x 4, will that over stock? Or can you refer any colorful fish? Kindly share your suggestions.

Last edited:

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
Clown loaches will be fine with the other fish but not the oscars they will overstock it, you will have to sell fish overtime as when everything gets bigger it will be over stocked, if I were you I would do 10-15 clown loaches, 5 Bala sharks or the silver dollars, 3 datnoids, a flag tail and the black ghost knife. You would be able to add some other fish depending on what you like, that's what I would do.

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Clown loaches will be fine with the other fish but not the oscars they will overstock it, you will have to sell fish overtime as when everything gets bigger it will be over stocked, if I were you I would do 10-15 clown loaches, 5 Bala sharks or the silver dollars, 3 datnoids, a flag tail and the black ghost knife. You would be able to add some other fish depending on what you like, that's what I would do.
Hi Bertie, Thanks for you suggestion. Instead can i add a silver arowana with the list i said above (i know i am asking weird question, but i like it so much, only problem is will it be compatible?) for example:

Silver Arowana x 1

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Personally I wouldn't, I don't think 20" is wide enough for any arowana... Very nice tank though :)

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Hi Bertie, Thanks for you suggestion. Instead can i add a silver arowana with the list i said above (i know i am asking weird question, but i like it so much, only problem is will it be compatible?) for example:

Silver Arowana x 1
you can try a golden arowana but i would reduce some of the stock at the same time

Bertie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
London
An African aro or jardini would work in that tank, but not silvers or blacks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store