New Mekon NTT datnoids emerging

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
I know its nothing new. You could be right too by saying there is no difference. If there is such thing as oddball ntt then there are not nearly as many compared to IT oddballs. I have only noticed the two different kinds of ntt. And yes some have full neck bars.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lovethemfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maryland
They are different looking and collected from different parts of the river. It is a large river system and there are more than a few of these. Could be the same species it could not.
Still too small to know how they'll look like when they get bigger.:)

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
I don't think color has much to do with this. Like jojo said it can depend on water hardness from where they were collected. Food and substrate can also change its color. Im mainly talking about the middle bar. If they are just oddball ntt, I wonder how come from both different batches i got them from, they were not a mix of the two. Could be just coincidence.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Nah, it's not a coincidence. Some people around here (looking at T1) think they're experts when in reality, they no nothing about the Mekong river, which is 2700 miles long. I would find it hard to believe if there WEREN'T different collection point and different looking species of the same fish. Maybe it does have to do with water hardness, but all I know, is that these, when bigger, will look NOTHING, like and NTT. I'll bet anyone here. I plan on taking pictures of mine once a month to mark the growth.

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
The two different ntt's I had were bought at the same size so there is no need to wait until they get bigger to see the difference. It would make sense if we were comparing a small ntt to a big ntt that look different.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I'm just saying so I can compare my bigger, regular ntt, and these. I have a feeling that as they grow, there stripes will get wider.

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
I know strollo. Not saying directly to you. Just saying that we can compare the two ntt now when they are both small and they already look different. We are not comparing a small fish to a big fish. Anyone out there have pictures of their oddball ntt by chance?

tdkee1

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2008
West Coast
There maybe more types of oddball ntts out there but the only ones I have seen are thicker barred ones and S curved bar ones and some ntt's with full neck bar. That's it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store