New Tank

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Nice looking tank. Is the purple rocks reef rock? It's a company that makes fake purple rocks. I know a lot of people say only two clowns per tank. I see lots or people with more. Maybe tank breeding reduced overall aggression. I have 2 Ocellaris, 1 a clarkii and 1 saddleback clown for over 2 years.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Nice looking tank. Is the purple rocks reef rock? It's a company that makes fake purple rocks. I know a lot of people say only two clowns per tank. I see lots or people with more. Maybe tank breeding reduced overall aggression. I have 2 Ocellaris, 1 a clarkii and 1 saddleback clown for over 2 years.
It's real reef rock how do I know there is alot of coraline spreading thru out the entire tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Awesome welcome to the hobby, even tho Im with freshwater now....but you should check out maximum reef aquatics in Yonkers New york. Defiantly worth the trip lots of fish as well as corals at a very reasonable prices.

Like mentioned your tank may not be fully cycled unless you thru in media from the other established tank..

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
It's 65 corner tank I have a sump for filtration and yes it it I've tested it every day since I've add fish I know what Im doing and I haven't seen any type of spike with ammonia nitrite or nitrate that tank has already start growing coraline algae and about the tang when he hits the size I'll surely sell him off to someone that I know that can really take care of him good

a 65 tank is WAYYYY too small for any type of tang, and i don't doubt he will be too large for it in a few months, but i'm glad you have a plan of action...... what did you add to make it not spike when you started?
3-4 weeks just seems like way too short of a time to be cycled, add fish, and growing coralline.. in my opinion...i'm no expert by far....

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
There is a clean up crew I have 6 emerald crabs in there

that's not really a solid CUC in my opinion...need some snails--something that can climb the glass...or even some nassaria which burrow into the sand... or even hermits...but hey if it's working i guess i won't knock it too bad

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
Awesome welcome to the hobby, even tho Im with freshwater now....but you should check out maximum reef aquatics in Yonkers New york. Defiantly worth the trip lots of fish as well as corals at a very reasonable prices.

Like mentioned your tank may not be fully cycled unless you thru in media from the other established tank..
media, substrate, and rock would all have to be added... in order for it to cycle that fast...plus the use of an anti-spike liquid..lol

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Lol honestly I didnt read thru the thread lmao maybe its different in saltwater as I havent had salt for a year now... with fresh apparently I could switch over to a larger tank just buy throwing all of my established media as well as my water. Then again on my 72 gallon tank i do have 5 gallons of pond matrix lol which should help with the cycling of the soon to be 180 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store