New Tank

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Awesome welcome to the hobby, even tho Im with freshwater now....but you should check out maximum reef aquatics in Yonkers New york. Defiantly worth the trip lots of fish as well as corals at a very reasonable prices.

Like mentioned your tank may not be fully cycled unless you thru in media from the other established tank..
I actually did that from my 29 gallon I threw in like a good 10 lbs of Lr

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
a 65 tank is WAYYYY too small for any type of tang, and i don't doubt he will be too large for it in a few months, but i'm glad you have a plan of action...... what did you add to make it not spike when you started?
3-4 weeks just seems like way too short of a time to be cycled, add fish, and growing coralline.. in my opinion...i'm no expert by far....
It spiked already within the 2 week

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
Lol honestly I didnt read thru the thread lmao maybe its different in saltwater as I havent had salt for a year now... with fresh apparently I could switch over to a larger tank just buy throwing all of my established media as well as my water. Then again on my 72 gallon tank i do have 5 gallons of pond matrix lol which should help with the cycling of the soon to be 180 gallon.
yeah it's a bit more complex than just the media lol. HOLY FRESHWATER!!! lol i did it with my 30 and 150 too.

3dees

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 23, 2010
Chicago suburb
tank looks great. I like the rock work much better than a lot of tanks where the rock looks unnaturally stacked,although I think you can use a bit more. you can cycle a tank in less than two weeks with enough live rock. are you going with fowlr or a reef?

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
tank looks great. I like the rock work much better than a lot of tanks where the rock looks unnaturally stacked,although I think you can use a bit more. you can cycle a tank in less than two weeks with enough live rock. are you going with fowlr or a reef?
Thanks I don't think I'll be getting more Lr for that tank my 29 needs a bit more

Lady Blast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Looks good! I'm on week 6 of my cycle in my 30 gallon, I just have green chromis in it with 20lbs live rock. I plan to add a clown, cleaner shrimp, and a sifting star in a few more weeks. Nothing special, but eye catching :D

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Wow that's a little harsh right off the start, I thought the stingray guys are a little abrasive. You all make them seem like puppies.

how big is it?
you're lacking in the CUC dept.
too many clowns
the tang will outgrow it quick i hope you have a bigger tank for him or will be able to rehome...
i'm also not a fan of your rockwork...looks like it was just kind of laid there with no real...method..
You must be mistaken becuase that tank can't be cycled in only 3-4 weeks. Your params may read good ut once things settle and you hit the ammonia spike, everything will die.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
In my 29 I've notice while I'm storing the sand bed that (its not that deep about 1 and 1/2 inches) that I see bubble coming out I believe that they are called hydrogen sulfide that builds up what can I do to stop it or yea but any advice will be taken

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Get some fish or crabs that will sift the sand.

In my 29 I've notice while I'm storing the sand bed that (its not that deep about 1 and 1/2 inches) that I see bubble coming out I believe that they are called hydrogen sulfide that builds up what can I do to stop it or yea but any advice will be taken

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store