Newb question

Caseyslow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2011
Texas
Oops. Sorry. You should your answers already from the posts here.
Let me summarize for u again.
1. It is a gator and it will grow huge.
2. Fishes changing colors to blend into environment is quite common, for gators, its more of change the tones.
3. Shedding is not common if u can show us how is the shedding like. Gars have a layer of slime covering the scales, no skin so should not shed. Under stressful conditions, more slime will be produced causing water to form bubbles on the top. If by shedding u mean that the layer of slime drying up then you have problem with your water condition. Check the ph. That's the only thing I can think of.

Anything thing else that's not clear please add on. Cheers.
Got it thanks again for the helpful info.
I wasn't complaining about where the thread was going I just thought it was funny how it took a few turns. Sorry I'm used to my other forums where we have a general BS thead for the daily questions and just chit chat although from time to time we tend to get a little off track.

jooster78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2011
singapore
Got it thanks again for the helpful info.
I wasn't complaining about where the thread was going I just thought it was funny how it took a few turns. Sorry I'm used to my other forums where we have a general BS thead for the daily questions and just chit chat although from time to time we tend to get a little off track.
No worries mate. This off thread thing happens. Impt is that the questions are answered.

Now... Who can get some pics of the 7' long nose? Lol

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
No worries mate. This off thread thing happens. Impt is that the questions are answered.

Now... Who can get some pics of the 7' long nose? Lol
men, I don't want to drive 100 miles then wait all day to take a pictures, it's in a damn 300,000 gallon display tank which only 6ft high and they created a river like looking with a lot of under water plants so I will have to wait until it come near the display side to see it. Let me check if some of my professors took picture of it when they works with scientists down there(unlikely though)!

Caseyslow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2011
Texas
I found a couple small pics of a big gator gar they have there but found nothing about a 7' longnose but there was very minimal info on all the species they have.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
men, I don't want to drive 100 miles then wait all day to take a pictures, it's in a damn 300,000 gallon display tank which only 6ft high and they created a river like looking with a lot of under water plants so I will have to wait until it come near the display side to see it. Let me check if some of my professors took picture of it when they works with scientists down there(unlikely though)!
It does not exist... Poster (yeah you hung) is talkin out of his arse... Been there and it ain't there.... but whatever... I'm sure he will still say is it there and we we all waste a bunch of time on crap..

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
It does not exist... Poster (yeah you hung) is talkin out of his arse... Been there and it ain't there.... but whatever... I'm sure he will still say is it there and we we all waste a bunch of time on crap..
well, when is the last time you are there? and sorry I have only seen from about 20 ft away but been told that it is almost 7 feet long! the aquarium manager at Cabela's told me that he had seen a longnose that about 7ft long in there when he go checking fish around with other scientists. I may have to ask him again but I do think this fish might be the 6'6'' on fishbase!

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
well, when is the last time you are there? and sorry I have only seen from about 20 ft away but been told that it is almost 7 feet long! the aquarium manager at Cabela's told me that he had seen a longnose that about 7ft long in there when he go checking fish around with other scientists. I may have to ask him again but I do think this fish might be the 6'6'' on fishbase!
Just stop... your not getting anywhere with these fanciful stories .. I can rip your assertions to all hell right now or you can just stop now and all can go on... Stopping now would be in your best interest.

All your saying is crap...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store