Newly imported marble rotting

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm the one that sent Scott Binox when his rays were sick.

We can't get our hands on it anymore, but I do have a kilo of Bifuran (80% Nitrofurazone). IF you can't get your hands on any I could check into sending you some. Last time I had issues I used Maracyn Plus, this contained some stuff proven to kill off the bacteria a university lab tested positive for on a ray I sent them. I have a few quarts of that here as well........

Please let us know if you're able to find what you need. IF you can't and info exchange happens quick I might be able to get it out tomorrow if need be.......

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Nitrofurazone was the main ingredient Binox. You could also try Jehmco if the link that Fishdog gave doesnt pan out. You can buy it straight from either in bulk

Yeah I remembered that Al, thats why Binox sticks in my head. Is Binox discontinued?

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Research nitrofurazone in your area, it is a common antibiotic used for animals as well. If I had an hour to type what I went through just over a year ago I would. Nitro can be ran at higher doses and can be ran for longer than 10 days. I had a Leo hen that had strips of flesh coming off and he lost about 2 inches of disk width. Nitro was only thing that stopped the rot. He is still not 100% after over a year. Bacteria is gone but disk never grew all the way back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Nitrofurazone was the main ingredient Binox. You could also try Jehmco if the link that Fishdog gave doesnt pan out. You can buy it straight from either in bulk

Yeah I remembered that Al, thats why Binox sticks in my head. Is Binox discontinued?
When jungle labs was sold to I believe tetra they quit making binox. Shame because it was cheap and nice to keep in hand

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
My understanding Binox = Nitro and salt. Has been discontinued for a while.

The Bifuran I got came from Jehmco, they have straight Nitro too.....

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I'm just inquiring as to whether i can get this stuff up in canada where almost everything is not available. Thanks DB very generous of you to offer. ill keep you posted.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm just inquiring as to whether i can get this stuff up in canada where almost everything is not available. Thanks DB very generous of you to offer. ill keep you posted.
I offered cause I know what Scott went through..... Don't know why it's so hard to get stuff up there, but it is. It was pretty expensive to next day it up there, but given the cost of rays what choice do you have?

As far as the Maracyn, the stuff I have is Maracyn plus. Quart bottles. Was thinking one bottle would treat 1K gallons. I have 2 bottles left. When I bought it I think I bought 6 bottles. Don't think I have more then $40 into each bottle, probably not even that much.

IF we're going to do it, probably best to get the stuff out today to make sure you get it before the weekend..... My girls off today so shouldn't be a problem to send off IF need be.....

Lemme know..... :)

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I offered cause I know what Scott went through..... Don't know why it's so hard to get stuff up there, but it is. It was pretty expensive to next day it up there, but given the cost of rays what choice do you have?

As far as the Maracyn, the stuff I have is Maracyn plus. Quart bottles. Was thinking one bottle would treat 1K gallons. I have 2 bottles left. When I bought it I think I bought 6 bottles. Don't think I have more then $40 into each bottle, probably not even that much.

IF we're going to do it, probably best to get the stuff out today to make sure you get it before the weekend..... My girls off today so shouldn't be a problem to send off IF need be.....

Lemme know..... :)
You are A1 big Al :) I would take Alan up on this. Disk rot is nasty and fast moving. Everyday you wait the more damage and chance of death you have. I would go the bifuran route. Nitrofurazone is the best and fastest cure imo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store