Newly imported marble rotting

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Sorry to hear.....

Hopefully it hasnt spread to the others.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
To the experienced guys here id like to ask whether you would medicate the remaining rays for this issue that the marble had because they were in the same tank? They are all amazing in tip top condition. They're eating and swimming like mad. They show absolutely no signs of this bacteria. I always avoid medicating unless its really needed but in this case if the chances are really elevated that the others will get the same sickness id rather treat now rather than when they're already affected. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Firstly, Kudus for your battle.mthat is what this is all about and the help between you guys was awesome to follow.

I do not keep rays, but i would wait before going the medication route on the whole set up. You know you are going to be alert to the smallest sign, anyway...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'd been seeing the thread title but this is my first time clicking on it.I just read every post and was hoping to arrive at a good ending.Sorry for the loss.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Sorry to here once their disk starts to go they deteriorate fast. The kind of bacteria that eats their flesh is nasty and fast. So yes treat the whole tank. Just follow directions and run it for the recommended time. It can hang out in your system and any stress on a ray will cause an outbreak. My melt down started with a frt that bit some rays. That stress and open wounds caused a melt down worth writing a book over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store