Papyrocranus Afer - pom pom knife, reticulated knife, aro knife, blah blah blah

mrblah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
earth
why doesn't everyone just pre-pay fugupuff once he gets the price? that would make things a lot easier...

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
This is my favorite of all of the knife fish but it does not seem to have much of a following in MFKdom.I think it looks better than the clown knife and it is nastier....
They're very shy fish, they aren't outgoing like clown knives. All of my Papyrocranus just hid all day and bit at their tankmates at night. Beautiful fish nonetheless, I will perhaps pick some up again if I can find specimens as nice as P. afer's.

prskiller

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
In a 10g tank w/wife n kids
I got mines several months ago. Very cool fish, chases my tinfoil barbs around and plays with my large Jaguar cichlid.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They're very shy fish, they aren't outgoing like clown knives. All of my Papyrocranus just hid all day and bit at their tankmates at night. Beautiful fish nonetheless, I will perhaps pick some up again if I can find specimens as nice as P. afer's.
I agree with your description of them.

neonvertigo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 21, 2005
H-Town, Texas
Here are some pics of mine... they are a pretty cool fish, mine is always up in everyone elses business and fearless. I've seen him bite the scales off my prochilodus before but only because he was in FEED mode.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Here are some pics of mine... they are a pretty cool fish, mine is always up in everyone elses business and fearless.
Ha ha.I like your pictures and description....up in everyone elses business lol....What do you feed yours?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store